The Ghost's Shot Choice #8 Continued...

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
lll said:
billy was this the shot( posted by rod) you had in mind for "strong consideration?"

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AGvk4Baso3CLLs3DLvS3Eaku3FNnl3GQTK3HTjf3IFQK3JQtq3Kaaj4LVeK3MVeL4NIsG3OScK3PXPq4Qcpt3cTjf2cPAm4cHYs4cInX3kXPq3kTjr2kcVM2kXHy@[/CUETABLE]

Larry.....I believe way too much could go wrong with that shot...the cueball could catch the side pocket point coming off the 8, or..the cueball passes the side pocket but squeaks out to where he can see the 5ball - and, even if the cueball didn't squeak out...I don't want to bet the whole game on leaving a good player that very makeable 11-5 combination, when I don't have to.

- Ghost

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
One Pocket Ghost said:
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AGvk4Baso3CLLs3DLvS3Eaku3FNnl3GQTK3HTjf3IFQK3JQtq3Kaaj4LVeK3MVeL4NIsG3OScK3PXPq4Qcpt3cTjf2cPAm4cHYs4cInX3kXPq3kTjr2kcVM2kXHy@[/CUETABLE]

Larry.....I believe way too much could go wrong with that shot...the cueball could catch the side pocket point coming off the 8, or..the cueball passes the side pocket but squeaks out to where he can see the 5ball - and, even if the cueball didn't squeak out...I don't want to bet the whole game on leaving a good player that very makeable 11-5 combination, when I don't have to.

- Ghost

This guy's way to good for you and you're playing on far to easy equipment.
If you're playing high he probably ain't shooting the combo unless the tables are very loose. The reason I missed it so far was to take care of the CB.
Rod.
PS, I shot at this today and if you can't get the CB down there, you're a little doggish.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
androd said:
If you're playing high he probably ain't shooting the combo unless the tables are very loose. The reason I missed it so far was to take care of the CB.
Rod.
PS, I shot at this today and if you can't get the CB down there, you're a little doggish.

We'll just agree to disagree on your particular shot..:)...but I'll tell you what...I might consider banking the 8 here myself...but if I did, I'd be playing the cueball differently, and, I'd be trying to make my 2ball - I'd shoot it like this instead >>>

- Ghost

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4AGvk4Baso3CLLs3DLvS3Eaku3FNnl3GQTK3HTjf3IFQK3JQtq3Kaaj4LVeK3MVeL4NIsG3OScK3PXHq4Qcpt4Vaso4Vcxv3cTjf2cBlo4ccgF4casc4cLYW3kXHq3kUIm3kbtc1kGjo@[/CUETABLE]

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
lll said:
billy was this the shot( posted by rod) you had in mind for "strong consideration?"
Yes that's the shot I was referring to, sorry Rodney I didn't see your post on the shot. I also like Cowboy's shot alot, shooting the 10 ball off the 4 ball. The emphasis on this shot is cue ball controll, a lot of good things can happen for the shooter with this shot. Of all the shots discussed I like Cowboy's shot best, just my opinion, that would be my choice if I were at the table.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
wincardona said:
Yes that's the shot I was referring to, sorry Rodney I didn't see your post on the shot. I also like Cowboy's shot alot, shooting the 10 ball off the 4 ball. The emphasis on this shot is cue ball controll, a lot of good things can happen for the shooter with this shot. Of all the shots discussed I like Cowboy's shot best, just my opinion, that would be my choice if I were at the table.

Billy....in considering shooting the 10 off of the 4....turn your head sidewise and look at the shot from the left end of your computer screen, looking straight up-table, as in where you'd be actually be standing at the table when shooting it...looks to me that if you cut the 10 at the necessary angle, (approx. a 1/2-2/3 ball hit) to try and make it off of the 4 - the cueball can't avoid going into the 11ball, therefore pretty much nullifying that shot choice.

- Ghost

philwelch

Verified Member
From
Plainfield,IL
wincardona said:

Bill, I feel slighted. I thought I brought that shot up first. I guess I don't participate enough to get credit for my shot choices.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
philwelch said:
Bill, I feel slighted. I thought I brought that shot up first. I guess I don't participate enough to get credit for my shot choices.

But then again Phil...it doesn't really matter, because I negated the shot anyway - see post #25...:)

- Ghost

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
philwelch said:

Phil,

We always give credit when due. Good idea Senor for suggesting it in the 6th post of the first thread:) .

Dennis

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
philwelch said:

Phil,actually Senor mentioned it first in post #6 in the original thread.
I guess you didn't participate enough to read that thread. I also gave you equal billing in post #9 this thread. :)
Rod.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
philwelch said:
I appologize Phil, but then you're going to have to apologize to Senor, and then all three of us are going to apologize to The Ghost for shooting a shot that doesn't work.:confused: How about shooting the shot and just play cue ball.?:cool:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
wincardona said:
I appologize Phil, but then you're going to have to apologize to Senor, and then all three of us are going to apologize to The Ghost for shooting a shot that doesn't work.:confused: How about shooting the shot and just play cue ball.? :cool:

Billy, don't wake a dead man. The Ghost hasn't thought of this strategy. :)
Rod.

senor

Verified Member
androd said:
Rod.

Woof woof :)

senor

Verified Member
wincardona said:
I appologize Phil, but then you're going to have to apologize to Senor, and then all three of us are going to apologize to The Ghost for shooting a shot that doesn't work.:confused: How about shooting the shot and just play cue ball.?:cool:

I have conflicted feelings after being acknowledged by my peers for shooting a shot that won't work :rolleyes:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
wincardona said:
I appologize Phil, but then you're going to have to apologize to Senor, and then all three of us are going to apologize to The Ghost for shooting a shot that doesn't work. How about shooting the shot and just play cue ball.?

Nope, it's nfg...:cool:

androd said:
Billy, don't wake a dead man. The Ghost hasn't thought of this strategy. :)
Rod.

The Ghost sees all strategies...:eek:

I hereby accept all retractions and apologies..:cool:...even the unspoken one from Rod, that he didn't actually make because he's too stubborn - but that's ok because I know its in his mind...:D

- Ghost

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Papie, quit stealing my pictures...:mad:

You guys will go over to my post #20 in the "Weird forum names" to savvy what shenanigans Papie is up to here...:mad:

- Ghost

philwelch

Verified Member
From
Plainfield,IL
wincardona said:

Apology accepted. I agree to concentrate on the cueball. You'll relocate two balls to your side, one near your pocket and leave your opponent long and on defense. I'd really have to be mad at my money to shoot the ghost's shot. I don't think there's any reason to lose the game in that spot. I give him an C for creativity but I can't shoot his shot for my money.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
philwelch said:
Apology accepted. I agree to concentrate on the cueball. You'll relocate two balls to your side, one near your pocket and leave your opponent long and on defense. I'd really have to be mad at my money to shoot the ghost's shot. I don't think there's any reason to lose the game in that spot.

Phil......You really need to read these threads more closely...there was no "ghost's shot", so you can be "mad at your money" while shooting your own shot....in this thread I identified and diagrammed 4 shot choices - I never said which one of them I would choose...:rolleyes:

- Ghost

Last edited:

philwelch

Verified Member
From
Plainfield,IL
One Pocket Ghost said:
Phil......You really need to read these threads more closely...there was no "ghost's shot", so you can be "mad at your money" while shooting your own shot....in this thread I identified and diagrammed 4 shot choices - I never said which one of them I would choose...:rolleyes:

- Ghost

Then you have my humble apology Ghost. I thought you opted to one rail kick the two ball in.