QUALITY ONE-POCKET TOURNAMENT, Mississippi

lfigueroa

Verified Member
I'm looking for a couple of things to do later this year...

Is this event still open?

IOW, how many entries have you fielded so far? And what would I be rated?

Lou Figueroa
a C who
hasn't hit a ball
in eons

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Update

Update

As of Sept. 4th we already have 14 players paid and signed up for the Nov. 8-9 event. The field will be strictly limited to 32 players, so any of you 1P players who are thinking of playing should get with it.

The levels are: AA (Professional), A (Top area player), B (Local shortstop), C (Average). As of today here are the players who have paid, and their handicap levels:

Joey Aguzin-B, Jason Moran-B, Art Tripp-C, Jerome Gambino-B, James Cox-B, Larry Charbonnet-B, Casey Killian-B, Richard Sharpe-C, Ryan Malley-B, Bobby Landry-C, John Henderson-B, Bill Rowsey-B, Nick Vita-AA, Jason Evans-A or AA (to be determined)

Half a dozen others have said they plan to play; but so far-- no payment.

Doc

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
lfigueroa said:
Is this event still open? IOW, how many entries have you fielded so far? And what would I be rated?
Lou Figueroa
a C who
hasn't hit a ball
in eons
Hey Lou! We'd love to have you play. This will be a rare opportunity for some of the amateur players to have a chance to cash very nicely in a 1P tournament. You can read the above post about who's paid up so far.

I know you were jesting about being a "C" player. However, if you can get Joey A to agree to give you 8-6 in a cash session, then we'll consider giving you a "C" rating...:D Until then, we'll assign you a "B" rating. As the flyer states, some guys will be either high or low in their levels due to the fact that we've limited the levels to 4.

Doc

lfigueroa

Verified Member
gulfportdoc said:
Hey Lou! We'd love to have you play. This will be a rare opportunity for some of the amateur players to have a chance to cash very nicely in a 1P tournament. You can read the above post about who's paid up so far.

I know you were jesting about being a "C" player. However, if you can get Joey A to agree to give you 8-6 in a cash session, then we'll consider giving you a "C" rating...:D Until then, we'll assign you a "B" rating. As the flyer states, some guys will be either high or low in their levels due to the fact that we've limited the levels to 4.

Doc

OK, thanks, Doc. I don't mind being a very, very low B.

Let me see what I can do. By the way, if I can make it, can I just PayPal my entry?

Lou Figueroa

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
lfigueroa said:
Let me see what I can do. By the way, if I can make it, can I just PayPal my entry? Lou Figueroa
Lou, I doubt that the room accepts PayPal. They will accept a credit card number. Personal checks will be accepted up until October 18th. Money orders or cash are acceptable anytime. Checks or M.O.s should be made out to "Skeeter's Billiards". The accountant and I are in close coordination. When you send payment, we will make sure you get a receipt, and I will personally place your name on the roster.

Review the flyer at the top of the post. That should answer most of your questions. But don't hesitate to phone me if there are any other questions.

Doc

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Gulfport One-Pocket UPDATE

Gulfport One-Pocket UPDATE

As of Sept. 17th we already have 18 players paid and signed up for the Nov. 8-9 event. Details are in the flyer at the top of the post. The field will be strictly limited to 32 players, so any of you 1P players who are thinking of playing should get with it.

The levels are: AA (Professional), A (Top area player), B (Local shortstop), C (Average). As of today here are the players who have paid, and their handicap levels:

Joey Aguzin-B, Jason Moran-B, Art Tripp-C, Jerome Gambino-B, James Cox-B, Larry Charbonnet-B, Casey Killian-B, Richard Sharpe-C, Ryan Malley-B, Bobby Landry-C, John Henderson-B, Bill Rowsey-B, Nick Vita-AA, Jason Evans-A, Stanton Fountain-C, Mike Trawick-C, Ralph Fortune, Jr.-(to be determined), Mike Surber-A.

onepocket.org members are underlined.

Half a dozen others have said they plan to play; but so far-- no payment. If you have any questions, the phone numbers are on the flyer.

Doc

JoeyA

Verified Member
From
Metairie, LA
Doc,
I just got an email from Spike (John Wilds) in Mississippi and he will be sending a check shortly.

Paul Laplace will also be playing and I am sending a check for him.

Please keep me in the loop. I will check to see if you have posted a list of the current players as I would like to see their names. (FTR, I haven't read past the first few posts but will do so now that I have updated you on Spike and Paul.

Looking forward to seeing you and all of the other one pocket players in Gulfport in November. It will surely be a lot of fun.

Thank you for having the desire to get this rolling.

JoeyA

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Update

Update

Update as of Sept. 20th. Two more players have paid and secured their spots: George Shimmer-C, Patrick Dukes-(to be determined).

There are now 20 on the roster out of a maximum of 32. Only 12 spots left for this unique November 8-9 event.

Doc

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Update

Update

With the addition of Thomas Celestin-C, John "Spike" Wilds-B, and Paul LaPlace-C, we now have 23 paid and signed up. This means there are only 9 spots left for this unique November 9th-10th 1P event!!

Doc

SJDinPHX

Suspended
gulfportdoc said:
With the addition of Thomas Celestin-C, John "Spike" Wilds-B, and Paul LaPlace-C, we now have 23 paid and signed up. This means there are only 9 spots left for this unique November 9th-10th 1P event!!

Doc

Doc, I have spoken to my handler's and they have advised as follows. I will participate in your prestigious tournament, but I must request the following "show up"conditions; First class air fare (RT) for both myself and Jennifer,(Aniston, my new squeeze) Five star hotel accomodations (security provided, MY fan's can get rowdy) And of course the usual "Limo waiting", and chef prepared meals, IN ROOM of course. I will however,give one pocket
lessons at 1/2 my usual rate of $30,000 per hour. Have your people,contact my people, as my schedule is quite demanding. Hope we can work out the details.

Titanic Dick

PS Ms.Aniston will require daily spa treatments, and possibly some form of stimulant to keep up with yours truly. :D

PPS. Seriously Doc, Good Luck with everything.... Looks like a great get-together, wish I could make it. IF there is a book open, I want to wheel Hendy with 1/2 the field. :eek:

Last edited:

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
You're dreaming

You're dreaming

:rolleyes: Aw, c'mon, Dick! I know how old you are. Twenty minutes of that and a cold drink of water would be the end of you. :D

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Dick Mc Morran said:
PPS. Seriously Doc, Good Luck with everything.... Looks like a great get-together, wish I could make it. IF there is a book open, I want to wheel Hendy with 1/2 the field. :eek:
Thanks for the well-wishes, Dick. And Hendy will definitely be a favorite to win it-- just as will 75% of the entire field!!.....;)

Doc

SJDinPHX

Suspended
gulfportdoc said:
Thanks for the well-wishes, Dick. And Hendy will definitely be a favorite to win it-- just as will 75% of the entire field!!.....;)

Doc

Doc, I noticed you avoided commenting on my modest requirements.
Should I take that as a NO ?

Ti Di

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Dick Mc Morran said:
Doc, I noticed you avoided commenting on my modest requirements.
Should I take that as a NO ?

Ti Di
Well, Dick, your requirements aren't all that bad. But you know if I were to accommodate you, no telling what some of the REAL prima donnas would ask for...:eek:

Doc

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
Dick Mc Morran said:
Doc, I have spoken to my handler's and they have advised as follows. I will participate in your prestigious tournament, but I must request the following "show up"conditions; First class air fare (RT) for both myself and Jennifer,(Aniston, my new squeeze) Five star hotel accomodations (security provided, MY fan's can get rowdy) And of course the usual "Limo waiting", and chef prepared meals, IN ROOM of course. I will however,give one pocket
lessons at 1/2 my usual rate of $30,000 per hour. Have your people,contact my people, as my schedule is quite demanding. Hope we can work out the details.

Titanic Dick

PS Ms.Aniston will require daily spa treatments, and possibly some form of stimulant to keep up with yours truly. :D

I spoke to my accountants and cash allocation commettee and the check is in the mail. Pack your bags sir. :D

JoeyA

Verified Member
From
Metairie, LA
gulfportdoc said:

Doc

Congratulations Doc. I knew this tournament would sell out before the opening date.

If $$$$$ Fatboy shows up, it is likely that he would draw a crowd. :D

If $$$$FatBoy drags Jay Helfert along we just might have some action all weekend long. Jay ought to be back stateside by then. I was kind of surprised that Jay didn't try to make this a Two-For-One since he is all in on that Poker.

JoeyA

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
JoeyA said:
Congratulations Doc. I knew this tournament would sell out before the opening date.

If $$$$$ Fatboy shows up, it is likely that he would draw a crowd. :D

If $$$$FatBoy drags Jay Helfert along we just might have some action all weekend long. Jay ought to be back stateside by then. I was kind of surprised that Jay didn't try to make this a Two-For-One since he is all in on that Poker.

JoeyA

:D :D

I would love to go, I'm a stone sucker whan it comes to playing 1P:( :( .

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
JoeyA said:
Congratulations Doc. I knew this tournament would sell out before the opening date.If $$$$$ Fatboy shows up, it is likely that he would draw a crowd. :D If $$$$FatBoy drags Jay Helfert along we just might have some action all weekend long. Jay ought to be back stateside by then. I was kind of surprised that Jay didn't try to make this a Two-For-One since he is all in on that Poker.
Well, we haven't sold out just yet, although we expect that it will fill prior to tourny time. There are 9 spots left. So if we were to subtract 1 for Fatboy and 1 for Helfert, that would leave 7;)..... Fatboy, if you and the Jayster would like to play, just let me know. John Henderson from the Sacramento, CA area will be there, so there should be some very interesting after hours action.

Doc

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
gulfportdoc said:
Well, we haven't sold out just yet, although we expect that it will fill prior to tourny time. There are 9 spots left. So if we were to subtract 1 for Fatboy and 1 for Helfert, that would leave 7;)..... Fatboy, if you and the Jayster would like to play, just let me know. John Henderson from the Sacramento, CA area will be there, so there should be some very interesting after hours action.

Doc

Doc, I'm 69 years old. After hours action for me is between 9pm and midnight. I am coming down a day or two early for some DAYTIME action, so the local boys will get a small shot at me. I have saved up a couple of Social Security checks so they will be able to make a small score.

I will stay up an hour longer if I'm playing either Joey A. or another senior players near my age (or if I'm stuck real good).