Cornbread vs. Bugs 1991 Legends of One Pocket

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
lll said:
:)
if thats the idea im with ace:)

I hate to be the one to tell you this Larry but this shot is no good either, unless executed to perfection. If the 3 touches the 5 or the 1 ball it's goodnight Irene. If the cueball isn't placed behind the 1 ball there will be bank shot opportunities for Bugs.

This layout is more difficult than it first appears, that's why Red took 1 1/2 minutes to look at the layout before shooting.

[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@4ATPS3BMXL4CJYs3DAmS4EXua4FFaa3GPJL4HBbM3IDFW4JJQB3KDPD3LRuL3MBJF3NGHo3OUgL3PRnf3QcYu4WJYs4WcGG3WOro3WbJx3WUNW3kRnf4kIjq4kbhc4kVLH@[/CUETABLE]

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
senor said:
If I am comfortable with multiple balls moving and I think I can control the cue ball, I am not taking a foul and I am not ducking,

If I saw an aggressive shot here I would shoot it

senor.....I agree with all of this...believe me, like you, I am always intensely looking for a ball clearing power shot in these situations - and have shot a million of them...unfortunately, in this layout there is no real good one of those shots...

...bout the best that I can see is...I was looking at/considering smacking the 10 ball into the 5ball, hoping to catch a piece of the 1ball also, and drawing/dragging the cueball down to the bottom rail - might work out well, might not.

- Ghost

senor

Verified Member
One Pocket Ghost said:
senor.....I agree with all of this...believe me, like you, I am always intensely looking for a ball clearing power shot in these situations - and have shot a million of them...unfortunately, in this layout there is no real good one of those shots...

...bout the best that I can see is...I was looking at/considering smacking the 10 ball into the 5ball, hoping to catch a piece of the 1ball also, and drawing/dragging the cueball down to the bottom rail - might work out well, might not.

- Ghost

This is def a layout I would want to see in person before I chose a shot.

iusedtoberich

Verified Member
I clicked on the table to fool around with the shot and it takes me to some log on page for cuetable. What's up with that?

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
usedtoberich, if you register and log in to pool.bz you will be able to weii. its a
long story but thats how weii-ing goes now

senor

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
Just program your one-pocket time machine for January 5, 1991 and head for South Carolina, you'll see it in person:) .

I'm not sure why I take offense :rolleyes: but don't go gettin' persnickety with me Cowboy! ;)

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
See the line the 1 and 4 make to just below the first diamond on the upper pocket? Scratch to that point on the rail.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
senor said:
This is def a layout I would want to see in person before I chose a shot.

Senor,

This is exactly the reason why I rarely get involved in Wei table discussions. Way too many variables, which only leads to flaming, and complete disdain, for the poster's point of view.

Set things up on a live pool table, and I would bet 95% of the better player's would pick the same shot. Unless you are a "Ghost"...he ALWAYS disagrees. He seems to have the "built in" Chicago superiority complex, where only "his" shot could possibly be the correct one..and he sets about trying to prove it on a two dimensional WEI table.......
C'mon, 'sup wi' dat..:p :D :p

Last edited:

Skin

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:
Senor,

This is exactly the reason why I rarely get involved in Wei table discussions. Way too many variables, which only leads to flaming, and complete disdain, for the poster's point of view.

Set things up on a live pool table, and I would bet 95% of the better player's would pick the same shot. Unless you are a "Ghost"...he ALWAYS disagrees. He seems to have the "built in" Chicago superiority complex, where only "his" shot could possibly be the correct one..and he sets about trying to prove it on a two dimensional WEI table.......
C'mon, 'sup wi' dat..:p :D :p

Amen, Dick. The only sure thing shot ever posted on the WEI that I have seen was the 2 railer you sank against Dennis. :eek: It is the only spot of tarnish on his WEI crown, which he wears regally and well.

Glad to see you posting and I hope you are doing well. I know you're going to lay them flat at Tom's tourney in CA. and at the DCC this year. Go get 'em! You are one helluva sonuvabeach at the table when you're right.

Skin > Dick's biggest fan and not ashamed to admit it :D

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
SJDinPHX said:
Senor,

Dear Hooplehead Breath,

The poster of this layout (moi) doesn't have a point of view, I only showed what Red did in this situation. So you need to come up with a better reason for avoiding us:D .

Cowboy "flaming the Duck" Dennis

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Skin said:
Amen, Dick. The only sure thing shot ever posted on the WEI that I have seen was the 2 railer you sank against Dennis. :eek: It is the only spot of tarnish on his WEI crown, which he wears regally and well.

Yeah, I'm still pissed about that shot:mad: .

Skin

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
Yeah, I'm still pissed about that shot:mad: .

I would be, too. They don't call it brain farting for nothin'. :D

Skin

senor

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:
Senor,

Since when did that stop anyone from posting anything on here ;)

senor

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
Hey, was that a snipe???:p :D :eek:

It may not have been a Class A snipe, but it seems it could fall into a lesser category snipe based on recent history :)