Underrated/Overrated players

Jlincoln

Why is that the players who are underrated remain that way? Also, the players who are overrated stay overrated? I find this very interesting. Take my self or example, I started playing this game about a couple years ago. I have a cool, quite, humble demeanor when I play and when I speak about my game. I have improved dramatically since I started playing-- the top shortstops can't give me much, but yet still spot me the world as if I am still a rookie in the game.

The spots I am getting now, compared to when I first started haven't changed much. I don't have much of a stroke, and if you look at me while I am shooting you wouldn't be able to think I can play a lick. I dress nice and speak properly, I wonder if this has anything to do with it? People keep over spotting me and keep blaming bad luck, or the table for there loss as they can't believe they could lose to somebody my caliber. So my question is how do I keep getting these big spots and robbing these guys? Not that I'm complaining but it just proves that there is so much psychology in pool.

Thanks,

Jesse

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Why is that the players who are underrated remain that way? Also, the players who are overrated stay overrated? I find this very interesting. Take my self or example, I started playing this game about a couple years ago. I have a cool, quite, humble demeanor when I play and when I speak about my game. I have improved dramatically since I started playing-- the top shortstops can't give me much, but yet still spot me the world as if I am still a rookie in the game.

The spots I am getting now, compared to when I first started haven't changed much. I don't have much of a stroke, and if you look at me while I am shooting you wouldn't be able to think I can play a lick. I dress nice and speak properly, I wonder if this has anything to do with it? People keep over spotting me and keep blaming bad luck, or the table for there loss as they can't believe they could lose to somebody my caliber. So my question is how do I keep getting these big spots and robbing these guys? Not that I'm complaining but it just proves that there is so much psychology in pool.

Thanks,

Jesse

Jesse,
Take advantage of this and put down as much as you can on these games because you should win. You shouldn't be playing for the respect of others. Play for your own respect of yourself. I think you are doing pretty well. Let your game do the talking.

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky

Thanks,

Jesse

Don't question it - take advantage of the anomaly and bet it up!