Bensinger's of old. Photos

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I know half the guys in these pics...and here was a surprise...

At 2:58 in the video, the guy pictured is James 'Peaches' Rochford, a long-time Chicago poolroom guy and always one of Freddy's best friends - he gave a touching, tear-filled speech at Freddy's wake...

Well, last winter I put up a pic taken at Chris's Billiards of an old friend, sweating me and Clyde's One Pocket game - and that guy was: Peaches...here's that pic again..and for anybody that cares to look at both my pic, and Peaches in the video..it's interesting that 45 yrs. later, Peaches is giving pretty much the same expression as he did in the old pic, except his head is tilted the opposite way...:)...here's the pic from Chris's - Peaches on the left (and on the right that's Tom = onepocket.org member TSK7878)----->

Attachments

• 000.JPG
    000.JPG
    317.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
It looks like this book project (Kickstarter) is something short of half way there. They are looking to raise 25G to publish this book about Bensingers. The photographer posted on Facebook wondering if anyone knew who this player was -- they want to use this image on the cover.

How about it Chicago guys??

Attachments

• Helaine Garren photo.jpg
    Helaine Garren photo.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 0

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Those images are absolutely stunning. What a treasure to have and I hope the kickstarter makes its goal.

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Wake up.......

Wake up.......

......Freddie,we have got some questions here that need answering.........oh,and by the way........how is it up there?Too cool for school brother.Can't wait to make contact again,adieu,James

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Once again..that's my old friend 'Peaches', who I spoke about in post #5 in this thread..and put up that current picture of him sweating myself and Clyde playing a few months ago.

Wow -- same guy -- well that does put a real face (or two) on how long ago it was that she took those photos!!