Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > Bank Pool Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2018, 06:47 PM
Administrator

Do you guys think the 13 is entirely kissed toward your pocket by the 8 ball, or do you think there is a slight rub on the cue on its way by??

I'm guessing the shot works because the 13 drives the 8 into the cushion, allowing the 13 to slide down to the left enough that when the 8 rebounds it sends the 13 toward your pocket.

I did try it and got mixed results but enough to see it works -- just not enough to feel like I could control it. I did get good results of sending the cue ball 3 rails around the table

I also tried freezing both balls perpendicular to the rail and from about the 2nd diamond that cut back into my pocket at least once -- presumably the same concept.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:28 AM
Verified Member

Set it up last night. Went in like an arrow on the second attempt. The CB cuts the front ball a little to the left, allowing the rail ball to double kiss the front ball toward the hole.

Interesting shot. If a guy set up and practiced some variations of the shot, it would probably come up once in awhile. I don't see much utility for the shot in one-pocket because the rail ball doesn't leave the area very far. But it would be a good shot to have in a guy's arsenal for other games.

~Doc
Old 07-10-2018, 10:54 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfportdoc View Post
Set it up last night. Went in like an arrow on the second attempt. The CB cuts the front ball a little to the left, allowing the rail ball to double kiss the front ball toward the hole.

Interesting shot. If a guy set up and practiced some variations of the shot, it would probably come up once in awhile. I don't see much utility for the shot in one-pocket because the rail ball doesn't leave the area very far. But it would be a good shot to have in a guy's arsenal for other games.

~Doc
Ditto same with me except it took more than 2 tries cool shot !
Thanks Whitey.
P.S Will post diagram of another cool shot when I'm not rushed.
The site I had turned black when I tried to move it to be edited. http://www.billiardsthegame.com/btgtable/
anyone have another ?

Rodney Stephens.
(e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working

Last edited by androd; 07-10-2018 at 06:38 PM.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:15 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH Steve View Post
Do you guys think the 13 is entirely kissed toward your pocket by the 8 ball, or do you think there is a slight rub on the cue on its way by??

I'm guessing the shot works because the 13 drives the 8 into the cushion, allowing the 13 to slide down to the left enough that when the 8 rebounds it sends the 13 toward your pocket.

I did try it and got mixed results but enough to see it works -- just not enough to feel like I could control it. I did get good results of sending the cue ball 3 rails around the table

I also tried freezing both balls perpendicular to the rail and from about the 2nd diamond that cut back into my pocket at least once -- presumably the same concept.
Steve, I did your shot off 2nd diamond perpendicular, wow that's a great alternative. From the pocket I lined up the left edge of the cb to the right edge of the ob ball on a line going directly back into the corner pocket I was shooting out of, and wow it rocketed in the hole. Great shot! I was amazed! It gets a lot of push off the ball frozen to the rail.
To answer your ? I stop this video on contact and it appears the 13 moves ever so slightly left before coming back but must be coming on the angle needed, and then gets inertia from the 8. Or, the 13 gets squeezed between the 8 and cb and pops back. I will get a s.slow motion video of the contact and we might be able to see what happens. Congrats guys, for making the shot, and posting! Whitey
Old 07-25-2018, 01:42 PM
Verified Member

Default Slow motion of the hit/ Steve's Alternative squeeze bank video

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d- 2DiGeM0OKdzK0xI1ej52kTAJ_gdtNP/view?usp=drivesdkhttps://drive.google.com/file/d/19GP...w?usp=drivesdk

For the original video go to Post #1

Note; if you double click on the 2nd video (Steve's Shot) it will stop it, and then again click on it.
Click on the first half of the site to get the first video, then click on the 2nd half to get the other video. The hit video represents the balls are frozen to each other and the 1st diamond w/ the 13 aimed towards 2-3/4 diamond cross side.

Here is a slow motion of the hit! It is as Doc thought it was, whereas the 13 ball slides over slightly and then gets re-contacted by the 8 ball. As you can see the 13 is over cut then is redirected by the 8 on its path to the hole. I made the 13 on this video of the hit, so it is an exact reaction of the balls.

The other video is of Steve's creative alternative squeeze bank with the two balls frozen inline perpendicular to the 2nd diamond. It is a great shot that flies back without much force. I also videoed the hit of this in slow motion and the hit is exactly the same. Thanks, Steve!

Without the slow motion I would of never thought the balls would react this way, for I thought the action would be to quick to get separation between the balls, and the forces at play actually squeezed the 13 between them and it came back. So I was surprised, but it is really nice knowing how it works! For the original shot go to post #1 video. enjoy Whitey

On all the threads of these bank shots we now have had 1000's of viewers, it would be nice to hear from you also, and to share your experience in trying and making these banks, thanks! It is very gratifying that the number of viewers daily has risen quite a bit!

Last edited by Dennis "Whitey" Young; 09-13-2018 at 05:29 PM.