Bogies Trip Report

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
First of all, thanks to everyone at Bogies for hosting this event. The management and staff did everything possible to make this tournament great. Bill Fuller did a great job (As usual) as tournament director keeping things going with a bunch of old farts with wandering minds. Thanks Bill and Goldy for the stream, and extra thanks to Goldy for the spiked coffee to keep me going.

The quality of play from the top finishers was old school one pocket at its finest. Congratulations to them for doing so well in a grueling tournament. I had a great time cutting up jackpots with old friends and new. Too many names to mention here and I know I would forget a few if I tried. I have never spent much time around Sammy Jones and he is not only a great player, but an old schooler with great stories who will keep you laughing and wanting to hear more. I also got to chat a bit with cuemaker Richard Black who always shows up at our events here. He told me he has a huge order for a cue with diamonds, gold, silver and jewels. Quite a project but he is looking forward to it.

I always enjoy seeing my old friend Mary Kenniston, especially now that she is a Southern Belle and we can call her Miss Mary. She always laughs at my stories, no matter how many times I tell them. Ming is also great to run into and always smiling and having fun.

My roomie, Bill Meacham and I missed our long time friend,Frank The Barber Almanza, who was also going to stay with us. Sometimes life gets in the way and Frank could not make it this time. I am sure all the other guys missed having him there too.

It was my road partner, Kentucky Bill’s birthday and I missed it. Happy Birthday Bill. We drew each other in the tournament and we went hill/hill before I won. Not much of a birthday present.

I drew Bob Herchik in my first match and did not play too bad, but his game is just too strong for me and I lost 3/1. Scott Kitto polished me off and he has developed into a fine one pocket player. We played at the last Seniors two years ago and I won, but his game has really come along since then. He outshot me, outmoved me and outbanked me, but other than that, it was pretty even.:D

Somebody put together a 75 and over tournament, these youngsters just play too good.

To the guys who could not make it, you missed a good one. Don’t let another Seniors One Pocket go by if you can help it.

Thanks again Bogies, you are the best.

Last edited:

Mary Kenniston

Verified Member
It was great seeing you too, John! You're the best! Meanwhile, I didn't get one of those fabulous posters! Dogged it...do you have any left??!!! HAHA

Miss Mary

LMAO

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
Thanks John for the great report. I missed seeing everyone but I saved a ton of money because the hotdogs went up to $2.50 so I figured I saved about $50,000.oo :lol