Rank these players

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
for tournament one pocket:

Here's a good chunk of one-pocket's future (I think they're all under 35.) Which ones do you think will be on the top of the heap?

Shane Van Boening
Danny Smith
Josh Roberts
Sylver Ochoa
Justin Bergman
Justin Hall
Jason Klatt
Brandon Shuff
Joey Gray
Chip Compton
Skylar Woodward
Carlo Biado
Evgeny Stalev
Billy Thorpe

Who did I miss?

Last edited:

Cory in dc

Verified Member
for tournament one pocket:

Here's a good chunk of one-pocket's future (I think they're all under 35.) Which ones do you think will be on the top of the heap?

Shane Van Boening
Danny Smith
Josh Roberts
Sylver Ochoa
Justin Bergman
Justin Hall
Jason Klatt
Brandon Shuff
Joey Gray
Chip Compton
Skylar Woodward
Carlo Biado
Evgeny Stalev
Billy Thorpe

Who did I miss?

How old is Danny Smith?

And the internet tells me that Alex is 36, so he's probably still got a bit of time left before he's over the hill.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
josh roberts
from the very little of his game i saw
he shoots straight and is starting to nderstand the game
he is not there yet but i think he will get there

Deeman

Verified Member
Hard to believe Alex is too old to be on this list as he still looks like a teenager to me. Anyone know how old? I guess, by the years we have seen him play he has to be late 40's or more. after watching at least 5 of his recent matches at DCC, he could probably play at his high level for a long time.

For my part, Danny Smith, Sylver and, of course, SVB if he stays interested will be long term greats. I am pretty sure Stalev is north of 35 or he was really a kid when I first saw him. I also think a lot of these out of this world good players at such an early age is due in large part to the openness of the one pocket players and community today. With the exception of Shannon a few years back, most didn't consider a guy a true one pocket guy until he was probably 40! As well, DCC has probably brought a lot of younger players into the game as it is so much of the all around and falls into the middle of the tournament.

I try to tell a few about onepocket.org hoping we can get more popular without becoming AZ. It is hard for some to believe you can ( and could) get thought provoking discussions with Billy, Big John, Artie, formerly Freddie, formerly Grady, Dick plus many of you less widely known but just as knowledgable guys on a public site.

That said, I would hope some of those on this list would show up and share and learn as well. Some of the thinking they use, with such remarkable shot making skill and young eyes would be priceless for everyone. I don't visit this site as often as I used to but really value the discussions on shots and moves. Just because some of us don't jump in on every discussion does not mean we don't have interest but I find it great to pull up an old thread and go through every post. I thank and salute each of you who participate. I always learn from you.

Sorry to get off topic but I was on a thought! :)

Twenty years from now when many of us are in the grave, people will be thankful to have this record of all your thoughts on ths wonderful game.

DeeMan

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I spent five days at IAH airport and went to Bogies every day and never saw Sylver. Is he still playing?

unoperro

Verified Member
I spent five days at IAH airport and went to Bogies every day and never saw Sylver. Is he still playing?

I think sylver still plays. Originally from the valley, so maybe he was home.

Think he is around 40! Looks much younger.

Checked he is 30. My bad.

Last edited: