B. Hall vs. M. Marquez 1998 W.O.P.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Hall just broke and it's Marco's shot. What would you do?

I see no path for 3 rails off the 15. It might be possible to follow straight through the 5, banking the 2-5 away and leaving CB on the long rail. If that doesn't look right, I'd draw off the 15 toward Buddy's pocket.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
If it lays right, and if the 5 ball has a path past the 13 ball, I'm shooting the 5 into the bottom half of the 12 ball sending it across to my pocket while the 5 banks up table and the CB freezes on the top of the 7 ball. That's if it looks good at the table. If it's not on, I'm banking the 15 over about 3 feet and putting whitey on the joint, doubling him up with the 3 and leaving him straight in at my pocket on the 15 ball.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
If it lays right, and if the 5 ball has a path past the 13 ball, I'm shooting the 5 into the bottom half of the 12 ball sending it across to my pocket while the 5 banks up table and the CB freezes on the top of the 7 ball. That's if it looks good at the table. If it's not on, I'm banking the 15 over about 3 feet and putting whitey on the joint, doubling him up with the 3 and leaving him straight in at my pocket on the 15 ball.

That second one works pretty well if the others don't. Good thought.

tucson9ball

Verified Member
From
Tucson Arizona
Looks like the 5 ball is lined up to hit the right side of the 10 ball?(by pocket) If so, using a slight draw to keep Q ball behind the 7.
The 5 could also be lined up to kick the 10 ball away from pocket, keeping the Q ball on the 7.
I don't usually like leaving opponent on wrong side of stack, but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do....

unoperro

Verified Member
Bank that stripe across side. Leave whitey on 1st diamond on top rail. 3 and 10 are doubled up.

baby huey

Verified Member
This shot is pretty easy, just bank the fifteen cross table to your side and leave the cue ball on the end rail with Hall not having anything except a combination.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Bank that stripe across side. Leave whitey on 1st diamond on top rail. 3 and 10 are doubled up.

This is a good shot and it's probably what I would do unless I saw something while at the table.

The one pitfall of this shot is leaving a cross-corner bank into the stack that will be completely safe and probably cause more trouble for me.

Dennis

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
This is a good shot and it's probably what I would do unless I saw something while at the table.

The one pitfall of this shot is leaving a cross-corner bank into the stack that will be completely safe and probably cause more trouble for me.

Dennis

The cross wouldn't be a problem if the 15 were only banked across the table about 3 feet and the CB left on the end rail in the middle of the table. However since Buddy kicks very well, the 12 ball might be a problem. He would definitely shoot the kick on the 12 from up table and would be better than 50% to make it and get more, perhaps all the way out. Jmo

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
The cross wouldn't be a problem if the 15 were only banked across the table about 3 feet and the CB left on the end rail in the middle of the table. However since Buddy kicks very well, the 12 ball might be a problem. He would definitely shoot the kick on the 12 from up table and would be better than 50% to make it and get more, perhaps all the way out. Jmo

Tough kick right there, to far off the rail.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan

Yep, keep the ball off the rail and you're good.

P.S. I only show who the players are to give people a sense of the match. I always figure I'm playing an equal opponent an even game in these WWYD's.

Dennis