Thanks YougstownKid

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Excellent work on midcue extension. Rings match perfectly. Future cuemaker extraordinaire in the making.

Attachments

• Ext 1.jpg
    Ext 1.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Ext 2.jpg
    Ext 2.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 1
  • Ext 3.jpg
    Ext 3.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 1

beatle

Verified Member
whats the purpose of that in the middle. not easy to take on and off for a shot. and if using it all the time why not just get a longer cue .

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
whats the purpose of that in the middle. not easy to take on and off for a shot. and if using it all the time why not just get a longer cue .

I play with a mid cue extension off and on. It gives the cue more forward balance.

When my mechanics get out of whack I have a tendency to not stroke through the ball and my cue tip veers off to one side or the other, usually to the left. I feel like the forward balance and extra length help me get back on track. I quit using it once I feel I am back in line.

Quite a few players are using extensions on the back of their cues now. Guess we will try anything to get in stroke.:D

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Cue case interior length?

Keith

It doesn't matter as it unscews if it's too long to keep it together. But looks like it adds about 4" to the butt if left together.

My Schrager is 57" so I had someone make me a 2" extension that I could leave on in my case if I wanted to.

Hope this helps.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
It doesn't matter as it unscews if it's too long to keep it together. But looks like it adds about 4" to the butt if left together.

My Schrager is 57" so I had someone make me a 2" extension that I could leave on in my case if I wanted to.

Hope this helps.

I’ve also got a 57” Schrager bar stick. Haven’t played with it in 30 years

Nick B

Verified Member
From
Vancouver, Canada
Excellent work on midcue extension. Rings match perfectly. Future cuemaker extraordinaire in the making.

Great! Not only to I have to overcome the Texas vs. Canada thing. Robert has forgotten more than I will ever know about the game...now I have pole-envy.

I should just stay home.

youngstown

Verified Member
Thanks YougstownKid

Glad you like it, Robert. It was the 2nd one that I’ve done, but definitely my favorite. I was told by the person who I bought my extension from that the mid extensions he makes are the slightest bit undersized so the cue would roll as it normally does. I’m not sure that matters, but yours is slightly undersized as well. I put a seal coat on it, but not a finish coat. If you choose to someday get Jerry to put a finish coat on it, it could match perfectly in size and shine.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
Glad you like it, Robert. It was the 2nd one that I’ve done, but definitely my favorite. I was told by the person who I bought my extension from that the mid extensions he makes are the slightest bit undersized so the cue would roll as it normally does. I’m not sure that matters, but yours is slightly undersized as well. I put a seal coat on it, but not a finish coat. If you choose to someday get Jerry to put a finish coat on it, it could match perfectly in size and shine.

mark - your craftsmanship is exceptional. i know that you've spent a lot of time (and money ;)) the last couple of years incrementally learning the cue building trade. some guys can do it, some can't - i think there is a foundational skillset needed - one that you obviously have. looking forward to purchasing one of your first players......
;)