cliff/santos

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
If you hit the 6 full in the face, it will remove the 13 ball, and possibly on it's way to the foot rail, it could also remove the 14. Hitting this shot in this manner will not make the 13, it will bank off the long rail.
thanks for the explanation
bonnie coats and mark say hello...:)

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
I'm going to have to recuse myself here, Larry, for reasons you already know. BTW anyone here should get this video just so they can see this shot (if its the one I think it is.) This is one of the greatest One Pocket shots EVER. Commentator Ronny Weisman correctly said after the shot, "These people should be giving him a standing ovation!"

Petie, I was going to suggest taking a foul and rolling the cue ball onto the string of balls on the spot but you comment has given me the idea that Santos' imagination was working in overdrive. Therefore, I came up with this idea that he may have used.

Heavy right hand english, thin hit on the one ball, moderate speed.

Tom

Attachments

• sc13.jpg
    sc13.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 0

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Petie, I was going to suggest taking a foul and rolling the cue ball onto the string of balls on the spot but you comment has given me the idea that Santos' imagination was working in overdrive. Therefore, I came up with this idea that he may have used.

Heavy right hand english, thin hit on the one ball, moderate speed.

Tom

Only one lesson and we think alike already! See post # 9 Tom :):):)
Doc asked if I needed a ride home from Happy Hour...

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
If you can get in there, thin off the 1 ball with RHE, CB deflects into the 9 ball then the 10 ball then the side rail where the RHE carries it under the two stripes.

Damn Man, You're good! My apologies for stepping on your shot. I like it, I like it, I like it. Now, can it work? Hummm. :)

Tom

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
I wish there were a way Larry could play the video. Its Accu Stats so I don't think so unless its on their YouTube channel. Really Jeff and Tom are pretty damn close I think. Its been a long time since I've seen it but even then I couldn't track all the clicks and hits. Its just so beautiful when it plays out, any diagram would fall short.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I wish there were a way Larry could play the video. Its Accu Stats so I don't think so unless its on their YouTube channel. Really Jeff and Tom are pretty damn close I think. Its been a long time since I've seen it but even then I couldn't track all the clicks and hits. Its just so beautiful when it plays out, any diagram would fall short.

i will post the result when i get to the office
petie pretty much with his enthusiasm stopped alot of other possible replies since every one started looking for the shot that "should have gotten a standing ovation"
and petie is right tom pretty much diagrammed the shot
BUT
KUDOS TO JEFF who gets a 6 pack of cookies.......:D:D:D (petie can buy them for you.....:heh)
jeff great eye and once again you prove your elite eye to see these shots (and execute them)
edit
tom deserves some cookies too since he saw the shot on his own and diagrammed it (petie will buy those for you too tom....:heh)

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Yea, awesome shot there Jeff / Tom...I did not see that one right away but it looks like it would turn out pretty good!

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
i will post the result when i get to the office
petie pretty much with his enthusiasm stopped alot of other possible replies since every one started looking for the shot that "should have gotten a standing ovation"
and petie is right tom pretty much diagrammed the shot
BUT
KUDOS TO JEFF who gets a 6 pack of cookies.......:D:D:D (petie can buy them for you.....:heh)
jeff great eye and once again you prove your elite eye to see these shots (and execute them)

Sorry Larry. Another case of premature yakulation. I came early to the forum this morning and was perhaps a little self indulgent.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
the shot really was amazing due to all the action going on
also the cue ball had ALOT of right hand english to really turn on the side rail
to get on the stripe
prior to the shot santos went over to that corner putting his hand on various places on the side rail figuring out where the cue ball would go and what spin was necessary
the commentators were very impressed....(me too...:D)
here is how he left it for cliff
sc10.jpg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i have seen santos play creatively many shots where he gets the cue ball to follow thru the blockers
its a shot i need to see and prcatice

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Well, DAMN, Jeff! You've got a good imagination (Tom too). I thought that the 9 and 10 balls were too close together to permit that shot. I guess that "smoke" filled room sharpened up your eye...:)

~Doc

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Because of the lay out now, Cliff will bank the two with sideboards, and Santos will be in even deeper. Now if he landed in the middle of the bottom catchers mitt, different story.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Because of the lay out now, Cliff will bank the two with sideboards, and Santos will be in even deeper. Now if he landed in the middle of the bottom catchers mitt, different story.
cliff 2 railed the 3 and followed the cue ball to the diagonal corner pocket
santos got lucky on a safe
cliff ultimately gave santos a shot and santos won the game

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Cliff fell dead for a few shots. When interviewed after the match, he admitted to being so taken aback by the shot that he took several shots to recover.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
cliff 2 railed the 3 and followed the cue ball to the diagonal corner pocket
santos got lucky on a safe
cliff ultimately gave santos a shot and santos won the game

It's my impression that Santos is just a whisker under the top echelon. There's one particular shot that he uses a lot and IMO hits better than anyone in the world: spinning cue ball hit softly at distance. I don't know how many spot shots I've seen him make with this stroke, and I don't see anyone else even attempt it.