J. Fusco vs. J. Rempe 1991 LOP Philadelphia Style

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
This is a race to 5 and Fusco wins 5-0 but it's a three hour/ 2 DVD long match with Freddy and Lou Butera sharing commentating duties. It's a very entertaining match and well worth your money and time. http://www.1vshop.com/Accu-Stats/st...513458&PNAME=Jimmy+Fusco++vs.+Jim+Rempe+(DVD)

In this game Rempe has 1 ball and it's his shot. What would you do?

I'd probably do the obvious and bank the stripe nearest the CB. This might be interesting though:

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Shoot the solid that's above the stack into the stripe that's above and to the left of the 6/7 thereby opening up all those balls to your pocket, float the CB over to the diamond below the side pocket on his side rail.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Shoot the solid that's above the stack into the stripe that's above and to the left of the 6/7 thereby opening up all those balls to your pocket, float the CB over to the diamond below the side pocket on his side rail.
nice shot...i like it
you are up early this morning.....good morning jeff....:)

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I guess we can all see the obvious shot, banking the ball into the other balls, but Rempe hit nothing with it. Freddy had just got through saying that you have to actually aim it at a particular ball in a situation like this.

Both Lou and Freddy thought the new tablecloth made the ball go wide off the 1st rail.

jr shot.jpg

Fusco wasted no time banking it right back into the two balls nearest his pocket and put a hurting on Rempe:eek:

jr leave.jpg

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
I guess we can all see the obvious shot, banking the ball into the other balls, but Rempe hit nothing with it. Freddy had just got through saying that you have to actually aim it at a particular ball in a situation like this.

Both Lou and Freddy thought the new tablecloth made the ball go wide off the 1st rail.

View attachment 14896

Fusco wasted no time banking it right back into the two balls nearest his pocket and put a hurting on Rempe:eek:

View attachment 14897

Pretty sure he was playing for the seven ball.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Pretty sure he was playing for the seven ball.

Yes, that let him move the cue ball up table a little, and shooting at the stripe wouldn't have done that.

I don't know how accomplished Rempe was at 1P, but I would think that he'd know to aim the bank at something particular on a shot like this, and the 7 looks more makeable than the stripe.