Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2017, 10:58 PM
Verified Member

Can I get a hug...
Old 05-27-2017, 11:21 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagomike View Post
I'm sorry to say I have not been able to put in the practice time lately and I may not perform and play as well as I hope to. I hope this does not upset those who may have me penciled in on their dance card. I sold my cue for a new one although I had been playing with it for the last 15 years. I have also ordered new glasses to try, so hopefully these minor changes won't affect my game too much more than not practicing has affected it already. This is not a pool player sob story or any attempt to soften up any potential opponents. That is all.
My wife and I just returned from an 8 day vacation checking out the Utah Nat'l Parks. It was great fun but I am too tired to practice so not sure if I can get in stroke at all. Whoa is me! (too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbcatjohn View Post
I hurt me knee, been too busy at work to play, i think i'm having a heart attack or gas, my eyes have been dry and fuzzy, a goat head butted me the other day, my mommy told me she didn't love me anymore, i'm turning 62 soon so i'm having a mid life crisis. But i'm coming anyway. Please take it easy on me guys
The good news John, is once you turn 62 you can purchase a lifetime pass for all USA Nat'l Parks and other sights for only $10. I was so happy when I learned of this I couldn't wait to share. I will be 64 this year and am a mess, I hope I can actually stay on my feet the whole tournament.

But with all that said...I can't wait!

Here we are in front of the Delicate Arch. The hike up almost killed us, but it was worth it. See you all soon.

Old 05-28-2017, 12:02 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12squared View Post
My wife and I just returned from an 8 day vacation checking out the Utah Nat'l Parks. It was great fun but I am too tired to practice so not sure if I can get in stroke at all. Whoa is me! (too)

The good news John, is once you turn 62 you can purchase a lifetime pass for all USA Nat'l Parks and other sights for only $10. I was so happy when I learned of this I couldn't wait to share. I will be 64 this year and am a mess, I hope I can actually stay on my feet the whole tournament.

But with all that said...I can't wait!

Here we are in front of the Delicate Arch. The hike up almost killed us, but it was worth it. See you all soon.

Great pic!!! A few years back I went with my wife to Best Friends animal sanctuary where we spent s few days and also made it to Bryce Canyon...it was beautiful, but the hiking was difficult with the high altitude.
Old 05-28-2017, 12:40 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Great pic!!! A few years back I went with my wife to Best Friends animal sanctuary where we spent s few days and also made it to Bryce Canyon...it was beautiful, but the hiking was difficult with the high altitude.
Awesome - we live in Fort Collins, CO so the elevation wan't much of an issue, just my age and being out of shape. We drove through a piece of Bryce thinking we would circle back from Zion, but it would take too long. We ended up seeing Capital Reef; Zion; Moab; Canyonlands; Arches and drove 40 miles to "In n Out" near St. George. Well worth it all.
Old 05-28-2017, 01:37 AM
Verified Member

Default Preparation for the member tournament

I haven't played much or been on here much since the Expo. Needed a break. Took a couple weeks to read thru most of the cue building book I bought, then after I got a lathe my interests were in learning about building. Something else kind of got me disinterested as well but I won't get into that, it's not that important. I plan to play and sharpen up best I can though, and I have a couple weeks so I should be fine. If not, no biggie, I'll still enjoy meeting all of you! I don't have anybody beating down my door for action, so I don't think it'll matter either way. If I get in some cheap action then I'm happy, but I can honestly take it or leave it. I'll practice enough just out of motivation to not embarrass myself lol...unless I find a groove and get excited about playing again...could happen. Mike, I hope we both get our groove back and get a chance to live up to these high expectations - whether self imposed or third party imagined, lol.
Old 05-28-2017, 12:10 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbcatjohn View Post
I still make a few cat houses on occasion that i trade for cash.. But i've put it on the back burner with the bee hives doing well. You probably should have saved your hospital bills and flown me out there to build your outdoor enclosure. I used to have a pretty nice one myself when i had a Bengal cattery...lol http://bigbearcatcondos.com/ My old uncle used to tell people i built cat houses and sold P*ssy...lol
I love those type of cats but until recently have never had the space to get one, or two. Plus the damage to any furniture. Then there's the six cats we already have, they would get eaten.
Old 05-28-2017, 12:21 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngstownkid View Post
I haven't played much or been on here much since the Expo. Needed a break. Took a couple weeks to read thru most of the cue building book I bought, then after I got a lathe my interests were in learning about building. Something else kind of got me disinterested as well but I won't get into that, it's not that important. I plan to play and sharpen up best I can though, and I have a couple weeks so I should be fine. If not, no biggie, I'll still enjoy meeting all of you! I don't have anybody beating down my door for action, so I don't think it'll matter either way. If I get in some cheap action then I'm happy, but I can honestly take it or leave it. I'll practice enough just out of motivation to not embarrass myself lol...unless I find a groove and get excited about playing again...could happen. Mike, I hope we both get our groove back and get a chance to live up to these high expectations - whether self imposed or third party imagined, lol.
Thats pretty cool on making the cues...I was making pool racks for a while years ago, but never got into making cues. Are you going to bring one?
Old 05-29-2017, 01:21 AM
Verified Member

Default Preparation for the member tournament

Quote:
Thats pretty cool on making the cues...I was making pool racks for a while years ago, but never got into making cues. Are you going to bring one?

I'm literally just getting started, so won't have anything to bring. I am gonna try to practice up for CHI and after that I might call it quits and just build. Don't have time for both. I thought about cancelling my trip, but I'd really like to meet you guys, so if I'm coming, I want to do well! I'm talking about practice yo (channeling Allen Iverson)...