Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2019, 09:22 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr3cushion View Post
The low inside English, 'kills the CB off the short and long cushion to able it to freeze there!' The follow gives to much, 'life to the CB off the rails!'

Yes, I do!

To your edited question! Larry; I think you need to direct that question to one of the, 'Scientific Gee's' for the low drag to follow on the CB answer!
I played some 1p last night and tried using center inside on a few breaks instead of the high inside Iíve used my whole life. The center worked fine, but I was hesitant to use low inside while gambling. Iíll have to try it out when Iím practicing.
Old 01-05-2019, 11:27 AM
Verified Member

I switched from high to low inside about 3 months ago.
I found the same result as Mr3.
What I like the most is I can use a much firmer stroke and still have the cue ball float to the side rail.
Old 01-05-2019, 12:00 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrzbill View Post
Practice using no English, Spanish, or any other ish to the cue ball. Aim directly for the center ball in the way that you cover one ball with the other. From there gradually learn where you line up you cue ball with the rack, then speed, then English. It doesnít take long to learn an effective break. Now spend the rest of your life perfectly your start.
Ha...imagine that. I actually agree with you.
Old 01-05-2019, 12:51 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagomike View Post
I played some 1p last night and tried using center inside on a few breaks instead of the high inside Iíve used my whole life. The center worked fine, but I was hesitant to use low inside while gambling. Iíll have to try it out when Iím practicing.
I use oure side since I don't seem t get enough inside spin when I use high inside
in the past when I have tried using low inside I get too much draw
I probably should re visit breaking like that
Old 01-05-2019, 09:01 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lll View Post
I use oure side since I don't seem t get enough inside spin when I use high inside
in the past when I have tried using low inside I get too much draw
I probably should re visit breaking like that
I feel like I donít really stroke the ball when I break in 1p...almost more of a push. If youíre getting too much draw you might be hitting the CB harder than you need to.
Old 01-05-2019, 09:06 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagomike View Post
I feel like I donít really stroke the ball when I break in 1p...almost more of a push. If youíre getting too much draw you might be hitting the CB harder than you need to.
i think you are correct
Old 01-06-2019, 11:37 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
I've had good luck aiming to cut the head ball at the first diamond above the corner pocket on the long rail. VP4 agrees.

pj
chgo
Thank you! Tried this last night and it worked like a champ. Simplest way Iíve read yet to visualize the break.
Old 01-06-2019, 01:05 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Johnson View Post
I've had good luck aiming to cut the head ball at the first diamond above the corner pocket on the long rail. VP4 agrees.

pj
chgo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcomp45 View Post
Thank you! Tried this last night and it worked like a champ. Simplest way Iíve read yet to visualize the break.
I'm sorry, I must be missing something here. Would anyone explain how aiming to hit an object ball at a secondary target like a diamond on the rail is easier to execute than aiming the CB at a direct target like the middle of the second ball in the rack, or even the center ball in the rack.

Isn't that like saying that it is easier to pocket an object ball in any pocket than to shoot the CB directly into that pocket, which I don't think anybody would say is so.
Old 01-06-2019, 01:21 PM
Verified Member

I would say it is about how people see the ball it gives some one a reference that they need. I aim at a point at the base of the second ball and it works perfect for me but that is just me.
Old 01-06-2019, 02:00 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darmoose View Post
I'm sorry, I must be missing something here. Would anyone explain how aiming to hit an object ball at a secondary target like a diamond on the rail is easier to execute than aiming the CB at a direct target like the middle of the second ball in the rack, or even the center ball in the rack.

Isn't that like saying that it is easier to pocket an object ball in any pocket than to shoot the CB directly into that pocket, which I don't think anybody would say is so.
I think anything that can be done to help in visualizing a shot in order to better execute is a great aid.