Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-03-2019, 11:44 AM
chicagomike chicagomike is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,281
Default My DCC Report

First off I want to thank all for their support in choosing me to represent the site this year....it was an absolute pleasure and highlight of my one pocket existence. Things started off with a tough draw in the banks as I lost 3-2 to Sky Woodward. I felt like I had a shot at him since I was the first to 2 games winner, but a bobbled cross side in the final game gave him a chance to run 4 and out on me and win the set. Next match was common guy who I beat which led me to Francisco Bustamonte who beat me with ease. That was a wrap for the banks.

In the one pocket my first match was Joshua Filler who I lost to 3-2. I then played a good player from Alabama David Rowell”Birmingham Bomber” who I beat and led me to play Thorsten Homan. I lost to Thorsten although I beat him to the shot I got tangled up in my run out patterns and it cost me.

I played Mitch a set for dinner which I lost, but was able to pay him back with a win against him in the 1st round of the OnePocket mini tournament in which I placed 4th. I faired our pretty well in the action room winning enough to cover the trip expenses. Couple hundred here and there along with the $400 from placing in the mini.

The one pocket HOF dinner was awesome. It was great to see Scott get there and the stories that are told and the good times that are shared always make it a great event.

It was fantastic seeing all our members and I enjoyed sweating their matches. Congrats to Hardmix as I believe he was our last man standing in the 9th round...if I am mistaken please let me know.

A side note from my wife is that she thinks it would be cool to somehow have 1pocket.org visible on the back side or sleeve of the shirt since she views that as unused advertising space for our site. BTW the shirt was awesome and held up well after wearing it 3 days straight!!!

I’m looking forward to Memphis where I am hoping to see many of you there. I may make it a road trip with my younger brother to introduce him to some good times and good people and a little bit of my world.

Again thanks all for the sponsorship and the support,
-Chicagomike
__________________
Live long and play strong,
-Chicagomike
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-03-2019, 12:34 PM
lll lll is online now
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: vero beach fl
Posts: 14,561
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagomike View Post
First off I want to thank all for their support in choosing me to represent the site this year....it was an absolute pleasure and highlight of my one pocket existence. Things started off with a tough draw in the banks as I lost 3-2 to Sky Woodward. I felt like I had a shot at him since I was the first to 2 games winner, but a bobbled cross side in the final game gave him a chance to run 4 and out on me and win the set. Next match was common guy who I beat which led me to Francisco Bustamonte who beat me with ease. That was a wrap for the banks.

In the one pocket my first match was Joshua Filler who I lost to 3-2. I then played a good player from Alabama David Rowell”Birmingham Bomber” who I beat and led me to play Thorsten Homan. I lost to Thorsten although I beat him to the shot I got tangled up in my run out patterns and it cost me.

I played Mitch a set for dinner which I lost, but was able to pay him back with a win against him in the 1st round of the OnePocket mini tournament in which I placed 4th. I faired our pretty well in the action room winning enough to cover the trip expenses. Couple hundred here and there along with the $400 from placing in the mini.

The one pocket HOF dinner was awesome. It was great to see Scott get there and the stories that are told and the good times that are shared always make it a great event.

It was fantastic seeing all our members and I enjoyed sweating their matches. Congrats to Hardmix as I believe he was our last man standing in the 9th round...if I am mistaken please let me know.

A side note from my wife is that she thinks it would be cool to somehow have 1pocket.org visible on the back side or sleeve of the shirt since she views that as unused advertising space for our site. BTW the shirt was awesome and held up well after wearing it 3 days straight!!!

I’m looking forward to Memphis where I am hoping to see many of you there. I may make it a road trip with my younger brother to introduce him to some good times and good people and a little bit of my world.

Again thanks all for the sponsorship and the support,
-Chicagomike
thanks for the report mike
brutal draws
nice to leave overall winner....
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-03-2019, 12:42 PM
Mkbtank's Avatar
Mkbtank Mkbtank is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Philly Pa
Posts: 5,189
Default My DCC Report

Great playing Mike, and great to see you as always. You didn’t mention how you beat me in that Hill-Hill game in the mini. With me pocketing the set ball and then scratching. Uggghh. Hahah. Almost. You are a very strong player, buddy.
__________________
Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-03-2019, 12:52 PM
Hardmix Hardmix is online now
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Cumming Ga
Posts: 757
Default

Mike good playing against a tough draw in both banks and 1P. I wish I could have sweated yours and Mitch’s mini match. I heard it was entertaining from both sides.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-03-2019, 04:04 PM
Scrzbill Scrzbill is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Eagles Rest, Wa
Posts: 3,409
Default

Make sure your brother brings a pocket full of cash.
__________________
Coyotes, Eagles, and Deer, oh my!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-03-2019, 04:08 PM
youngstownkid's Avatar
youngstownkid youngstownkid is online now
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 1,441
Default My DCC Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkbtank View Post
Great playing Mike, and great to see you as always. You didn’t mention how you beat me in that Hill-Hill game in the mini. With me pocketing the set ball and then scratching. Uggghh. Hahah. Almost. You are a very strong player, buddy.


He didn’t mention how much weight he gave you either 🤫🤣

Last edited by youngstownkid; 02-03-2019 at 04:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-03-2019, 05:23 PM
Mkbtank's Avatar
Mkbtank Mkbtank is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Philly Pa
Posts: 5,189
Default My DCC Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngstownkid View Post
He didn’t mention how much weight he gave you either 🤫🤣


That mini was even lol. Thanks for chiming in though.
__________________
Mitch needs to remember to play the score and that it's better to win than to look like a hero.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-03-2019, 05:31 PM
cincy_kid's Avatar
cincy_kid cincy_kid is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Northern KY
Posts: 4,269
Default

great playing Mike, bad luck on the draws!

good to see you as always!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-03-2019, 11:59 PM
12squared 12squared is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Posts: 1,531
Default

You never disappoint in your class and play. Nice write up and tourney, Mike, you played some very high level guys w/o much rest inbetween.

Until next time...

Dave
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All original content Copyright Onepocket.org and/or the original author. All rights reserved.