Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-23-2019, 07:32 PM
Verified Member

Default Cue length

What length cue do you like to shoot with
Old 03-23-2019, 07:47 PM
Verified Member

Iíve lengthened my cue from a 58Ē to 62Ē. I find that it keeps me from reaching for the butt of the cue and Iím placing my stroking hand at a better balance point. Iím 6í3Ē and always had a tendency to reach for the butt of the cue which affected my stroke.
Old 03-23-2019, 07:51 PM
Verified Member

60 inches my one player is actually
A fantastic hitting titleist by cues directly

Last edited by Texas Carom Club; 03-24-2019 at 08:30 AM.
Old 03-23-2019, 08:41 PM
Verified Member

62" 19oz. 11mm tip. Near euro-taper.
Old 03-24-2019, 01:19 PM
Verified Member

Default Cue length

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrookelandBilly View Post
Iíve lengthened my cue from a 58Ē to 62Ē...

Did you get a special case made?
Old 03-24-2019, 01:23 PM
Verified Member

Default Cue length

I was shooting with a 29Ē butt and a 30Ē shaft, and using a 4Ē extension, then when I made my 60Ē cue I stopped using the extension. If I ever start using an extension again itíll be with a very light cue because anything over 19 or 19.5 oz feels too heavy for me to have a proper touch...just noticeable for the touchy shots mostly, but Iíve noticed it...so if I make a lighter 16.5 or 17 oz cue then that might work out for me, since most joint extensions are around 2 oz
Old 03-25-2019, 09:41 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngstownkid View Post
I was shooting with a 29Ē butt and a 30Ē shaft, and using a 4Ē extension, then when I made my 60Ē cue I stopped using the extension. If I ever start using an extension again itíll be with a very light cue because anything over 19 or 19.5 oz feels too heavy for me to have a proper touch...just noticeable for the touchy shots mostly, but Iíve noticed it...so if I make a lighter 16.5 or 17 oz cue then that might work out for me, since most joint extensions are around 2 oz
I play with a schon cue, 29inch butt with 32inch shafts. Total 61inches. I am a tall fellow of 76inches so even that cue is a little short for me. I talked to some cue makers about making a 64inch cue but they seem to back away. I will try the super billiards expo this year to see if someone can accommodate
Old 03-25-2019, 10:09 AM
Verified Member

Default Cue length

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoretallpaul View Post
I play with a schon cue, 29inch butt with 32inch shafts. Total 61inches. I am a tall fellow of 76inches so even that cue is a little short for me. I talked to some cue makers about making a 64inch cue but they seem to back away. I will try the super billiards expo this year to see if someone can accommodate

Making a 64Ē cue isnít a big deal, but youíd need a custom case...or you could just pick up a mid extension and use a regular case...if youíve tried that and donít like the hit, could try a rear extension. If thatís too heavy then prepare to dish out some dough. The downside of making something like that is that it wonít hold value or resell well because itís non standard. You could always resell the extensions if you donít like them.

Last edited by youngstownkid; 03-25-2019 at 10:16 AM.
Old 03-25-2019, 02:00 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngstownkid View Post
Did you get a special case made?
No, Iím using a 4Ē mid cue extension. Iíve only used it for a month. There doesnít seem to be any significan deflection but I donít have many shots in one pocket that require me to shoot at warp speed. Iím playing with a Jerry Olivier sneaky pete with one of Olivierís low deflection shafts.
Old 03-25-2019, 02:30 PM
Verified Member

Default Cue length

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrookelandBilly View Post
No, Iím using a 4Ē mid cue extension. Iíve only used it for a month. There doesnít seem to be any significan deflection but I donít have many shots in one pocket that require me to shoot at warp speed. Iím playing with a Jerry Olivier sneaky pete with one of Olivierís low deflection shafts.

I feel like I can get used to anything with 2 solid weeks of practice. Doesnít mean Iíll like it though. As far as deflection goes, if a mid extension is causing deflection then your bridging it wrong, 🤣. (I donít see how anything below your bridge hand can affect the cue ball. Maybe you just meant noticeable grip hand vibration though, which makes more sense.)