Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2019, 01:49 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. View Post

I would also shoot the 14-ball to the right side of the 5-ball with medium speed to clear both balls from the vicinity of my opponent's pocket. The caveat on this particular shot is not knowing where the 14 and 5 balls will stop on the table. Based on the angles I perceive in the diagrams, I would not freeze the cue ball to the rail where the 14-ball now sits. Instead, I would draw the cue ball several inches back and freeze it on or as close as possible to the rail to prevent a return two rail bank shot on the 7-ball by my opponent.
I am also shooting this but... I am shooting it with the speed to double bank the 5 up and down trying to make the 5 in my hole.
Old 09-26-2019, 02:48 PM
Verified Member

That was my first thought also. Try to make the 5 ball or at least get it close to your hole. Nice shot.
Old 09-26-2019, 02:49 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoFats View Post
I am also shooting this but... I am shooting it with the speed to double bank the 5 up and down trying to make the 5 in my hole.
Somehow did not get your quote.....good shot.
Old 09-26-2019, 05:54 PM
Verified Member

Default Wwyd

I would shoot the 14 into the 5 with low English keeping the cue frozen on the long rail. Hit it firmly to send the 5 two rails toward your pocket. 14 ball caroms off the 5 and goes 2 rails towards the balls in the middle possibly loosening something up.Easy to execute with little risk and the chance to put your opponent in a tough spot.
Old 09-26-2019, 06:28 PM
Verified Member

For those shooting the 14 into the 5...either the 5 or the 14, after colliding and coming off the rail, could clip off of the 12 and/or 13, carom forward towards the cueball and sell out.

- Ghost

Last edited by One Pocket Ghost; 09-26-2019 at 09:06 PM.
Old 09-26-2019, 07:07 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxOnePocket View Post
I'm looking to rearrange the balls here, shooting the 14 ball straight down the rail to the right side of the 5 ball with decent speed, clearing the 5 ball down table and sending the 14 2 rails into the 12 and 13 ball, freeze the cue ball where the 14 sits now.
Nice shot but IF we were playing captains...
You would attempt to 2 rail the 5
5 would carom off the7 and go 3 rails to the wrong pocket. Whitey would double the corner hit the bottom of stack further damaging the situation for me as your partner.
Old 09-26-2019, 07:17 PM
Verified Member

I would shoot the 14 into the 5 and play the 5 two rails speed short a bit . I might make the 5 straight in ,or slither off those balls on my side, into the pocket and end up with a really nice outcome. I would leave the cueball where it is ,so I don't leave a bank on the 7, or any of the balls down table .
I think I would really have to miss hit the 5 ball to get hurt from here.

Last edited by Billy Jackets; 09-26-2019 at 07:24 PM.
Old 09-26-2019, 07:34 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
For those shooting the 14 into the 5...either the 5 or the 14, after colliding, could clip off of the 12 and/or 13, carom forward towards the cueball and sell out.

- Ghost
Yes sir! Too lazy to type all that! Lol
Old 09-26-2019, 09:05 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybanks View Post
Yes sir! Too lazy to type all that! Lol
Yeah Kyb....I'm normally way too lazy myself to post up analytics of situations and critiques of shot choices..but I was able to do that one in just one sentence, so I muscled it up ...but I'll keep leaving those three paragraph discourses to my One Pocket partner Dr. Billy, and Tom.....after all, I think it's Billy's second favorite thing to do, second to eating a good bowl of pasta...

- Ghost
Old 09-26-2019, 11:41 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Pocket Ghost View Post
Yeah Kyb....I'm normally way too lazy myself to post up analytics of situations and critiques of shot choices..but I was able to do that one in just one sentence, so I muscled it up ...but I'll keep leaving those three paragraph discourses to my One Pocket partner Dr. Billy, and Tom.....after all, I think it's Billy's second favorite thing to do, second to eating a good bowl of pasta...

- Ghost
I am sure they will make their appearance here pretty soon!