Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-29-2016, 11:30 PM
Verified Member

Default Wwyd Mitch vs James

Ok y'all. Your pocket is bottom left (closest to the cue ball). Score in balls was 6-5 James. Game score 2-1 me.

Wwyd?

Old 09-30-2016, 12:24 AM
Verified Member

Am I the player who has six balls or the other guy?
Old 09-30-2016, 12:36 AM
Verified Member

Score doesn't matter to me here, this is the only shot I would shoot. Got to protect your position and try to make him shoot over that ball on the rail. This isn't a hard shot to execute once you have the speed of the table and rails down.

Old 09-30-2016, 12:36 AM
Verified Member

Default Wwyd Mitch vs James

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapros View Post
Am I the player who has six balls or the other guy?

Sorry if unclear. You are down 6-5 in balls.
Old 09-30-2016, 12:37 AM
Verified Member

bank that 14 ball, float up past the side pocket bank the 2 then two rail the 7 and out.

next wwyd.
Old 09-30-2016, 01:31 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1pwannabe View Post
Score doesn't matter to me here, this is the only shot I would shoot. Got to protect your position and try to make him shoot over that ball on the rail. This isn't a hard shot to execute once you have the speed of the table and rails down.

I think that's a very good shot if you can execute it, but the hit on the 2 looks thin enough that you may have to give the shot more speed than you want to get the 2 as far off the rail as you want.
Old 09-30-2016, 01:37 AM
Verified Member

The 7 lays near perfect for the 4 rail bank that worked so well at Lacy's....
If I thought I could stick the CB then I might take a pop at the 7...
Old 09-30-2016, 01:47 AM
Verified Member

I agree John, had the 2ball been positioned a little lower the angle to play off the 2ball and double your opponent up sending the cue ball toward the 7ball would be somewhat natural. The way it looks to be laying you can't afford to hit a full ball and stay in front of the 7ball with whitey, imo. However, if the angle is there then the shot becomes very appealing and possibly the best option providing the 14ball bank isn't available.

If neither the 14ball bank nor the angle off the 2ball is available then i'm strongly considering the two rail shot on the 7ball. Yes it's a little risky but under certain conditions i'm shooting it. It would take a top player following me as a deterrent, a B player and below i'm going for the shot for sure.

Dr. Bill
Old 09-30-2016, 01:54 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff sparks View Post
The 7 lays near perfect for the 4 rail bank that worked so well at Lacy's....
If I thought I could stick the CB then I might take a pop at the 7...
I looked at that shot Jeff but passed on it because the angle you would leave your opponent would be to shoot the 2ball and kick the 14ball toward his side. That's why I like the two railer on the 7ball as an option, there's no defense for your opponent if he shoots the 2ball from the back rail with a straight or awkward angle on the 2ball. Especially playing on tight pockets.

Dr. Bill
Old 09-30-2016, 04:51 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wincardona View Post
I looked at that shot Jeff but passed on it because the angle you would leave your opponent would be to shoot the 2ball and kick the 14ball toward his side. That's why I like the two railer on the 7ball as an option, there's no defense for your opponent if he shoots the 2ball from the back rail with a straight or awkward angle on the 2ball. Especially playing on tight pockets.

Dr. Bill
, I see your point about leaving the CB where the 7 used to be, and of course you are correct if the 7 doesn't come into the picture close to my pocket after the 4 rail bank.

I also looked at the 2 rail shot on the 7 as a possible option but thought the 7 was positioned to close to the rail, thereby making it very difficult to make a successful hit on the 7. With the 7 that close to the rail, a precise hit is required in order to move the 7 in the direction of my pocket. If the hit is to thick the CB is left in a bad spot near the center of the table, if the hit is to thin, multiple bad things can happen with the CB and the 7 ball. Wouldn't you agree with the difficulty of a successful hit on the 7? Or is it just me that sees it as difficult?

Perhaps instead of sticking the CB, the 4 railer on the 7 would work out better if hit with a stun follow stroke with a touch of left hand english, bouncing the CB off the long rail and towards the top rail leaving a difficult shot on the 2 ball with no take out possibilities on the 14. Would that option have value?