Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-21-2017, 10:30 AM
chicagomike chicagomike is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,280
Default Golf Anyone?

I thought since there seems to be some interest in playing golf on the 6x12 snooker table during our member tournament, maybe we could hash some things out now. Just so those who are interested in playing have an idea of how to play, rules, penalties, shooting order, etc. I'm not sure how many versions there are or how many members play regularly, but I would defer to John Henderson to take the lead because it seems he has been playing for many years and is probably familiar with any situation that may arise.
__________________
Live long and play strong,
-Chicagomike
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-21-2017, 10:43 AM
darmoose darmoose is online now
Verified Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 1,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagomike View Post
I thought since there seems to be some interest in playing golf on the 6x12 snooker table during our member tournament, maybe we could hash some things out now. Just so those who are interested in playing have an idea of how to play, rules, penalties, shooting order, etc. I'm not sure how many versions there are or how many members play regularly, but I would defer to John Henderson to take the lead because it seems he has been playing for many years and is probably familiar with any situation that may arise.
I agree, let's hear it John.
__________________
The early bird may get the worm...but the second mouse gets the cheese...Shutin@urholeisOVERATED.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-21-2017, 10:53 AM
cincy_kid's Avatar
cincy_kid cincy_kid is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Northern KY
Posts: 4,248
Default

You can always use the rules I wrote up in this thread:

http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12872

I am sure I will play a game or 2 at some point just like I may sneak a game of 3 cushion and ping pong with Mitch

But my focus is on one pocket.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-21-2017, 11:21 AM
chicagomike chicagomike is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,280
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincy_kid View Post
You can always use the rules I wrote up in this thread:

http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12872

I am sure I will play a game or 2 at some point just like I may sneak a game of 3 cushion and ping pong with Mitch

But my focus is on one pocket.
Wow...real nice summary. Thanks Cincy!
__________________
Live long and play strong,
-Chicagomike
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-21-2017, 11:25 AM
chicagomike chicagomike is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,280
Default

I can bring a small dry erase board and marker like Darmoose suggested in the Ready for War thread.
__________________
Live long and play strong,
-Chicagomike
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-21-2017, 12:22 PM
darmoose darmoose is online now
Verified Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 1,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagomike View Post
I can bring a small dry erase board and marker like Darmoose suggested in the Ready for War thread.
Thanks for offering to handle that Mike. Remember, with multiple players (6) we have to have room to list everyone across the top, keep track of what holes have been completed by each player, and how many hickeys each player has accumulated (so three boxes per player). Might take something like 24x18 at least.
__________________
The early bird may get the worm...but the second mouse gets the cheese...Shutin@urholeisOVERATED.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-21-2017, 02:56 PM
jrhendy's Avatar
jrhendy jrhendy is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Placerville, CA
Posts: 4,502
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagomike View Post
I can bring a small dry erase board and marker like Darmoose suggested in the Ready for War thread.
If they play golf there now don't they have one near the table?
__________________
JOHN HENDERSON
Al Romero Cue
Magic Chalk
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-21-2017, 03:58 PM
Scrzbill Scrzbill is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Eagles Rest, Wa
Posts: 3,397
Default

HEY THIS IS A ONE POCKET FORUM. WTF? You guys go over to Az Billyards and quit polluting this fine forum with your silly golf.
__________________
Coyotes, Eagles, and Deer, oh my!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-21-2017, 04:01 PM
Scrzbill Scrzbill is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Eagles Rest, Wa
Posts: 3,397
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhendy View Post
If they play golf there now don't they have one near the table?
Order a big bag and put a board in your luggage. Besides not having internet, they don't have a scoreboard for golf? Are drinks and food available?
__________________
Coyotes, Eagles, and Deer, oh my!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 05-21-2017, 05:40 PM
chicagomike chicagomike is offline
Verified Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,280
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhendy View Post
If they play golf there now don't they have one near the table?
I have yet to see anyone playing golf there. Ghost might know since he is there more often than I am.
__________________
Live long and play strong,
-Chicagomike
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All original content Copyright Onepocket.org and/or the original author. All rights reserved.