Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2017, 08:40 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagomike View Post
I'm sorry to say I have not been able to put in the practice time lately and I may not perform and play as well as I hope to. I hope this does not upset those who may have me penciled in on their dance card. I sold my cue for a new one although I had been playing with it for the last 15 years. I have also ordered new glasses to try, so hopefully these minor changes won't affect my game too much more than not practicing has affected it already. This is not a pool player sob story or any attempt to soften up any potential opponents. That is all.
Unlucky. How's that pain in your sacroilliac? And what about the arthritis in your hands?

I sure hope (and assume) all your dance partners will render the just and proper adjustments to prior arrangements, given these untimely developments.

Get well soon.

Your friend,

Buford
Old 05-26-2017, 10:18 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSJohn View Post
Unlucky. How's that pain in your sacroilliac? And what about the arthritis in your hands?

I sure hope (and assume) all your dance partners will render the just and proper adjustments to prior arrangements, given these untimely developments.

Get well soon.

Your friend,

Buford
That's Buford T. Cornpone. All tattered and torn Pone.

Rodney Stephens.
(e-mail) rod.stephens0105@att.net(e-mail) #713-973-0503 is now working
Old 05-27-2017, 09:38 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSJohn View Post

Get well soon.

Your friend,

Buford
It would be very gentlemanly of them if they did...thankfully I still have a few weeks to figure things out for myself, but your kind words certainly help with the healing.
Old 05-27-2017, 12:11 PM
Verified Member

Default Too Bad !

Mike, I was worried that I would get to play you, and that I should play you
if I should be lucky enough to dance with you. Seeing that you have jumped at every game offered at tourney. You certainly are going to have sore feet with all that dancing.

It sounds like you have too much firepower for an old guy like me to fool with. So now I don't have to worry about paying, because I wouldn't want to be accused of taking advantage of you, since you obviously can not see(new glasses).

I will like seeing you match up with others and adjust to your glasses and new cue, though.

Or, you could say I am trying to crawfish out of playing you.
Old 05-27-2017, 01:55 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnewkirk View Post
Mike, I was worried that I would get to play you, and that I should play you
if I should be lucky enough to dance with you. Seeing that you have jumped at every game offered at tourney. You certainly are going to have sore feet with all that dancing.

It sounds like you have too much firepower for an old guy like me to fool with. So now I don't have to worry about paying, because I wouldn't want to be accused of taking advantage of you, since you obviously can not see(new glasses).

I will like seeing you match up with others and adjust to your glasses and new cue, though.

Or, you could say I am trying to crawfish out of playing you.
You are a true gentleman, Bob. You'd never take advantage of a man so down on his luck and good health as poor Mike. Jesus loves you. (Wasn't that the name of the guy who robbed you that time in Houston: Jesus Gonzalez?)
Old 05-27-2017, 02:19 PM
Verified Member

You see, this is what I hate to hear and read, cuz it's so unfair to me.....

Re. matching up, guys all tell these phony-baloney tall tales about why they aren't playing good right now - bad back, new glasses, etc. etc...and that unfairly ruins it for me...

Cuz when I have to say similar things about my all of my own many health/aging related, play-challenging difficulties - I'm not believed they want to just lump me in with all of those fib-telling hustlers - (while unlike the other guys, my woes are all 100% true )

- Ghst
Old 05-27-2017, 02:35 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by androd View Post
That's Buford T. Cornpone. All tattered and torn Pone.
Jubilation T. Cornpone haven't thought of that name in 60 years lol.
Old 05-27-2017, 03:43 PM
Verified Member

Just to show you what kind of guy I am when it comes to matching up, here is what happened between Chicago Mike and I a couple years ago at DCC.

We were trying to figure out a game and Mike offered to play me 9/7. I said I don't think that is fair Mike and gives me too much of an advantage. Let's play 10/8 instead.

Since I am old and forgetful and it has been a couple of years I can't remember who won, but shows you how easy it will be for you guys to get a fair game.
Old 05-27-2017, 04:31 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabbcatjohn View Post
I hurt me knee, been too busy at work to play, i think i'm having a heart attack or gas, my eyes have been dry and fuzzy, a goat head butted me the other day, my mommy told me she didn't love me anymore, i'm turning 62 soon so i'm having a mid life crisis. But i'm coming anyway. Please take it easy on me guys
I definitely think a hunnert a game is perfect for us. A plate in my neck, the plate in the pelvis, and now some new metal in my mouth. The full description of my ails has filled many pages in medical records so no need to go there. I don't play pool and my stick, Bobbys been working on it for two years, I will have something when I get to Chicago. If not, I'm sure a nice place like Chris's has some straight cues on the wall. It's only three weeks away, maybe a night of sleep between now and then.
Old 05-27-2017, 04:44 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrzbill View Post
I definitely think a hunnert a game is perfect for us. A plate in my neck, the plate in the pelvis, and now some new metal in my mouth. The full description of my ails has filled many pages in medical records so no need to go there. I don't play pool and my stick, Bobbys been working on it for two years, I will have something when I get to Chicago. If not, I'm sure a nice place like Chris's has some straight cues on the wall. It's only three weeks away, maybe a night of sleep between now and then.
I'm so poor i'll have to sell a pool cue, a few goats and a couple of hundred thousand bees so i can raise a few frog skins to play but i'll find a way to get in a 100 action with you. Do you take confederate money?
But not to worry, if you clean me out i can always find something to eat in a few months when the local farmers field corn comes in.