Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2018, 12:33 PM
Verified Member

Default How are you improving your game?

Lately I have really been trying to commit to improving my eye alignment over my cue. I think my inconsistent alignment, lack of good follow through, unstable bridge hand, and lifting up while stroking are all things I can improve on and that will help my pool game. Iíve been trying to practice ladder drills and also been throwing 5-6 balls on the table to pocket in one hole.

Iím looking for more ways to improve my 1p game.

What are you doing to improve your game? Some may be satisfied with their level of play and thatís all good. I mean really improve...Iím not talking about just playing an opponent to practice. Also Iíve heard people say that gambling will improve your game and I believe that to a certain point, but it will only get you so far.
Old 08-05-2018, 01:07 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagomike View Post
Lately I have really been trying to commit to improving my eye alignment over my cue. I think my inconsistent alignment, lack of good follow through, unstable bridge hand, and lifting up while stroking are all things I can improve on and that will help my pool game. Iíve been trying to practice ladder drills and also been throwing 5-6 balls on the table to pocket in one hole.

What are you doing to improve your game? Some may be satisfied with their level of play and thatís all good. I mean really improve...Iím not talking about just playing an opponent to practice. Also Iíve heard people say that gambling will improve your game and I believe that to a certain point, but it will only get you so far.
Mike, when i was playing a loti would go home and try to think about the things that caused me to lose. im not talking about missing a straight on shot with ball in hand. no im talking about errors that allowed my opponent to take control of that particular game. i decided i would bring a small note pad and every time i made of of those error i would write it down so i could avoid them in the future. after a couple of weeks i could see there were certain leaks in my game that appeared over and over again. soon at the table i began to see potential errors before i shot and i was able to avoid that type of error right there at the table. i don't know if this will help you but it made a big difference to my game. DR K
Old 08-05-2018, 01:13 PM
Verified Member

Most of my problems come with not running the patterns to get the maximum number of balls when I get a shot. So when I am rusty or haven't been playing, I just play straight pool with myself. Shoot, shoot, shoot, break up clusters, get on the right side of balls. Three days of that and my ball running skyrockets.

Joe
Old 08-05-2018, 01:47 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Lately I have really been trying to commit to improving my eye alignment over my cue.
Me too. It's helped a lot with my shotmaking consistency, and an unexpected bonus is that focusing so intently on that visual (particularly tip/CB) is also a good "trigger" for focusing in general.

pj
chgo
Old 08-05-2018, 02:14 PM
Verified Member

mike
what is a ladder drill ?
for me i am back to improving my cueing fundamentals ?
and trying to master certain banks and kicks
Old 08-05-2018, 02:17 PM
Verified Member

mike
how are you going about improving your eye alignment
i will pm you my cell # if you want to talk about it
larry
Old 08-05-2018, 02:56 PM
Verified Member

Quote:

Most of my practice time is focusing on my stroke. Jimmy Moore told me the stroke is the boss it determines how well you play. The main thing with a stroke is to have confidence in your stroke. In my experience when my stroke is working and I am confident the game is easy. If I only missed when I didn't line up correctly I could beat anybody. It all really comes down to focus and confidence. Most shots are missed because of lack of confidence or good fundamentals. I lost my confidence for years when I went to work but I am getting it back now and it has been a long hard road. My advise is to figure out how to develop confidence and once you have it never let it go. My friend Zeke gave me great advise stay down and follow thru
Old 08-05-2018, 02:57 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lll View Post
mike
how are you going about improving your eye alignment
i will pm you my cell # if you want to talk about it
larry
Sounds good Larry
Old 08-05-2018, 02:58 PM
Verified Member

Good ideas guys...keep Ďem coming please.
Old 08-05-2018, 02:58 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sappo View Post
Mike, when i was playing a loti would go home and try to think about the things that caused me to lose. im not talking about missing a straight on shot with ball in hand. no im talking about errors that allowed my opponent to take control of that particular game. i decided i would bring a small note pad and every time i made of of those error i would write it down so i could avoid them in the future. after a couple of weeks i could see there were certain leaks in my game that appeared over and over again. soon at the table i began to see potential errors before i shot and i was able to avoid that type of error right there at the table. i don't know if this will help you but it made a big difference to my game. DR K
I like this...Iím a good note taker!