end game scenario svb/efren

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Can Opener

Can Opener

Efren probably runs six from here....he banks the stripe two rails, r/h draw making SURE you suck whitey and dig out UNDER the other striped ball and then dissect. That's all I see, Effie makin' the two railer and hittin his first draw shot with his Classic.:p''Bata'' spin. Almost sounds like Bata Boom would be next.:heh

Last edited:

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Being down 7 - 1 I'm certain EF is looking for something offensive but there is very little to choose from. The first thing I see is the possibility of kick banking the nine ball (side rail)and sticking the cue ball. Can he get in deep enough to find the top rail pass the tit with the nine? This angle; I don't know. Other than that and because of his great skill at kicks he may have attempted to two rail kick the fourteen toward his hole.

Tom

bstroud

Verified Member
I like shooting the combo bank on the 6 ball and playing position on the 14.

Bill S.

WhatWouldWojoDo

Verified Member
I like shooting the combo bank on the 6 ball and playing position on the 14.

Bill S.

I like this as well. If it works you have 14, 7, bank on 11, bank on 13, and then the scores 7 to 6 with 2 balls out of play. Effren then probably banks 5 and then rolls on top of the 9

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I like two rails on the 13ball and play position for the two spotted balls. This shot looks to be possible and it takes away a ball (13ball) that clearly favors SVB, plus it increases his ball running potential. It could also be a "risk management" shot that could create problems for SVB if missed.

Bill Incardona

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I like two rails on the 13ball and play position for the two spotted balls. This shot looks to be possible and it takes away a ball (13ball) that clearly favors SVB, plus it increases his ball running potential. It could also be a "risk management" shot that could create problems for SVB if missed.

Bill Incardona

I thought about that but the 13 looks real close to the tit and cutting the 13 I'm not sure of CB control. You just might sell out a bank on the 6 or 7 even if you control whitey. Of coarse if the 13 goes your back in the game.

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
nine

nine

I like slow rolling the nine in the corner and stick the cue on the top rail. The nine spots, back in play, the six still will pass into efrens corner. SVB cannot leave the cue anywhere where ER can make a bank on the 4 ball or up table where he could cut the six and get behind the 14. I think this improves Efrens next inning and will force SVB to try and move the 14 or make the combination. either shot will give efren the advantage.

B

ps I do like Bill Strouds thoughts about kick banking the nine, but can't tell if there is room enough...

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I like slow rolling the nine in the corner and stick the cue on the top rail. The nine spots, back in play, the six still will pass into efrens corner. SVB cannot leave the cue anywhere where ER can make a bank on the 4 ball or up table where he could cut the six and get behind the 14. I think this improves Efrens next inning and will force SVB to try and move the 14 or make the combination. either shot will give efren the advantage.

B

ps I do like Bill Strouds thoughts about kick banking the nine, but can't tell if there is room enough...
That's a pretty conservative shot that could be answered by softly banking the 14ball short of the 11ball and hiding it. From there Reyes will be forced to play an up table game.:(

By the way "kick banking the 9ball" was Tom's and Jim's choice..not Strouds. Stroud likes the bank combination on the 6ball. As Cowboy Dennis might say..Get your facts straight!:sorry

Bill Incardona

onepockethacker

Verified Member

B

One thing to think about on your shot...if you dont freeze the cue ball on the end rail and Shane can jack up and stop his cue ball.. He will be able to carom bank the 6 ball off the 7 ball and freeze you on the 9 ball. The 7 ball will bank back up table on his side and the 6 ball will bank into 14 ball possibly winning the game or putting you in complete jail.. AND YES he would shoot it.. the 6, 7, and 9 ball cluster will favor you before he shoots.

kingrichardthelionheart

Verified Member
From
westpalmbeachfl.

Bill Incardona

yes...................................

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
well efren didnt go crazy here
he moved a ball on his side and rolled up on the 13
i guess he wanted to keep as many balls in play as possible so thats why he didnt move the 14
heres how he left it for shane
se3.jpg

se4.jpg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
heres a different view
(dont forget the 9 ball in the lower corner pocket that i chopped off....:eek:)
se8.jpg

se9.jpg

bstroud

Verified Member
It is obvious from the shot that Efferin chose that the combo bank was not on. Very difficult to tell from the pics.

He made a good shot leaving little or nothing and perhaps forcing Shane to play off the 14 ball.

Bill S.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
There seems to be a shot missing here. We see Efren move the ball to his side and snug up to the 13 and the 2 and 7 are married. The next frame shows the two and 7 separated. ?????