Congratulations to john brumback banks champion

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
as jimmy B said first in another post

Ok. John Brumback wins without losing a match in the banks. Not bad...

i will add

GREAT SHOOTING JOHN ..A GREAT ACHIEVEMENT....UNDEFEATED
:)

Jimmy B

Verified Member
as jimmy B said first in another post

Ok. John Brumback wins without losing a match in the banks. Not bad...

i will add

GREAT SHOOTING JOHN ..A GREAT ACHIEVEMENT....UNDEFEATED
:)

Yes, Larry, it really was. Accustats finally showed John's last two matches. He went through Olinger like Grant thru Richmond. Then the final was a rather long match with Jayson 'Eagle Eye' Shaw, and even though JB had several unlucky scratches, he still found a way to win. It's supposed to be all pure one pocket, today, on the Accustat stream, so I guess I will have to pop for one more sawbuck and do my portion. I don't want to boycott the stream (like Trump).....

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
What a great feat! I don't know how many DCC championships this makes for JB, but it's obviously a banks record. John is certainly the greatest living banks player-- maybe even the best of all time. Congratulations John Brumback!

~Doc

jalapus logan

Verified Member
Yes, Larry, it really was. Accustats finally showed John's last two matches. He went through Olinger like Grant thru Richmond. Then the final was a rather long match with Jayson 'Eagle Eye' Shaw, and even though JB had several unlucky scratches, he still found a way to win. It's supposed to be all pure one pocket, today, on the Accustat stream, so I guess I will have to pop for one more sawbuck and do my portion. I don't want to boycott the stream (like Trump).....

First, congrats (again!) to John. Obviously a deserving winner and a quality guy to boot!

Also, I agree with you that Accustats showing the 10 ball event takes away from our viewing pleasure. We get treated all year to connect the dots 9 & 10 ball events along with a spattering of bar box stuff (who cares???). Like every year, I was looking forward to getting to see more banks and onepocket. Then I buy the stream and get to see more 10 ball. Ah well, I have to admit that it was good watching Efren cash in that event, he can still play!

On another note, my wife actually got interested in watching the banks final, which is somewhat remarkable because I can only convince her to pick up a cue about once a year (and we've got two pool tables in our basement). But she was genuinely interested in watching the banking exhibitions. The shots are not always obvious and every shot looks like a "skillfull" shot. Just food for thought, but if I were a promoter, I would consider more pool games than the usual.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Johnny B., THE MAN

Johnny B., THE MAN

You put a smile on the face of everyone who knows you.

What a champ!

If Eddie Taylor or Bugs were in their primes now, I wouldn't bet $.03 against you.

John Brumback

Verified Member
Thanks pals!!!! Nice meeting some of yous guys too!! That LS John guy is a cool dude:) John B.

baby huey

Verified Member
It's amazing how well John plays the bank game. There were a lot of great players but for him to go through the field undefeated is quite an accomplishment. To John: you got to improve your nine ball game to get a realistic shot at the all around. Your one pocket is good enough to get you close but you need the improved nine ball game for a realistic shot at the title. I would love to see you do it next year.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
It's amazing how well John plays the bank game. There were a lot of great players but for him to go through the field undefeated is quite an accomplishment. To John: you got to improve your nine ball game to get a realistic shot at the all around. Your one pocket is good enough to get you close but you need the improved nine ball game for a realistic shot at the title. I would love to see you do it next year.

I know he has it in him because back in the day he used to be a terror on the 9 ball table as well...straight shooting son-of-a-gun :)

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Dear CatFishBreath,

Congrats on your win. It's great to see that you learned something and retained it from my critique of your instructional DVD:p:D.

RBL

Wayne

Verified Member

He has already achieved that goal. He won the all around in 2009.
I guess you mean for him to have a realistic shot at winning it again.

youngstown

Verified Member
His 2nd match was on the next table to my match, so I got to watch him practice except my darn opponent kept interrupting me because he kept calling his shots, or it was my turn to shoot, ugh, it was always something.

Congrats! Wish I got to watch all your matches...

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk