"BANK POOL TOURNAMENT" December 8th, 2018 @ Red Shoes Billiards (Chicago)

Red Shoes

Verified Member
From
Park Forest Illinois
BANK POOL TOURNAMENT (full rack) ....$50 Entry (green fee included)....***$500 ADDED***(based on a full field)....Double Elimination (23 balls-both sides)....One Day Event. CONTACT: John Lavin @ Red Shoes Billiards 12009 S. Pulaski Rd. Alsip, Illinois 60803 (tel. 708-388-3700 or website: redshoesbilliards.com or FACEBOOK)

Red Shoes

Verified Member
From
Park Forest Illinois
Results

Results

1st Neal Jacobs....2nd Glen "Piggybanks" Rogers....3rd Tom Karabatsos....4th John Phillips....5th-6th John Rawski & Dan "Chicago Fats" Moran

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
It was a well run iron man tourney as always.
I also got in a little action afterwards and got to play the great Tough Tony. He banks a great game. I can't believe the man is the age they say he is. He was a gentleman and I hope continues to bank on.
P.S. the sloppy joe was excellent as expected.
Red Shoes is and always has been a "players" pool room.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
It was a well run iron man tourney as always.
I also got in a little action afterwards and got to play the great Tough Tony. He banks a great game. I can't believe the man is the age they say he is. He was a gentleman and I hope continues to bank on.
P.S. the sloppy joe was excellent as expected.
Red Shoes is and always has been a "players" pool room.

Congratulations on a fine showing Dan.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
From my photo archives - Chicago representing!

From my photo archives - Chicago representing!

Dan, if you think Tony banks pretty good now...

I've known Tony for 50 yrs. (he's in his 70's now) and most people not from Chicago don't know how good he banked back in the day - HE WAS A MONSTER...

Check out this pic and article re. a bank tournament held at Chris's Billiards about 25 years ago...some guys named Spaeth, Donny Anderson, Brumback, and more came up to tangle with the Chicago bankers...well, Tough Tony crushed them all, including his buddy Bugs, and won the tournament..:eek:..:heh

- Ghost

P.S. That's Bugs on the left, Tony on the right, and Chris Crisman (R.I.P.) the original owner of Chris's Billiards in the middle.

Attachments

• 0000000000000000000000 BUGS CHRIS TONY.jpg
    0000000000000000000000 BUGS CHRIS TONY.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 0