Shannon vs you

1pwannabe

Verified Member
You need 1 ball, Shannon needs both. It's your shot.

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
Seems to me this is an absolutely horrible position to be in, and thinking of anything even remotely offensive. I don't believe I have ever played anyone who would shoot the shots recommended so far here. Doesn't anyone here ever scratch flying the CB around the table.

In this situation I hope I can just roll up against the eight and leave Shannon no shot. I'll wait for a better opportunity to go for my hole.:sorry

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I am banking the eight on my side and force following the cue ball into the three, hopefully making it without having to shoot too hard. I may leave a thin hit one railer on the eight, but if I make the three and get it on the spot, I doubt my opponent would shoot it and if I do not make the three I leave it in the jaws.

I know you are supposed to play the ball count and leave both balls up table, but I have lost too many games trying to slow roll safeties like some of the shots mentioned. My second choice would be to kick the three ball. It is a low percentage to make, but could be a winner and not a shot you can lose the game on.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Good Idea about the rail first but I would leave the eight in that area and just take the cue ball across table and even with the eight ball.
Going farther up the table will leave him a three railer on one ball or a two railer on the other.

You sir are correct and that is the right shot

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
Seems to me this is an absolutely horrible position to be in, and thinking of anything even remotely offensive. I don't believe I have ever played anyone who would shoot the shots recommended so far here. Doesn't anyone here ever scratch flying the CB around the table.

In this situation I hope I can just roll up against the eight and leave Shannon no shot. I'll wait for a better opportunity to go for my hole.:sorry

I scratch every time I turn the cueball loose not even trying to get lucky, I finally figured out I am not a lucky player , so I shoot shots where I am not flirting with pockets as often as I can.

JoeyA

Verified Member
From
Metairie, LA
It looks like neither object ball is frozen to the rail.

I would hit the rail softly, just before the 8 ball, bumping the 8 ball into the left rail but not hard enough for it to bump into and make the 3 ball while floating the cue ball toward the middle of the table. (Hoping to live to fight another day and maybe restrict the chances of having the 8 ball banked 3 rails at a later time, into my opponent's pocket.)

JoeyA

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
It looks like neither object ball is frozen to the rail.

I would hit the rail softly, just before the 8 ball, bumping the 8 ball into the left rail but not hard enough for it to bump into and make the 3 ball while floating the cue ball toward the middle of the table. (Hoping to live to fight another day and maybe restrict the chances of having the 8 ball banked 3 rails at a later time, into my opponent's pocket.)

JoeyA

JoeyA you joined in 2007 and have 77 posts....:eek:
dont be a stranger
your perspective would be helpful for us that want to learn...:)

1pwannabe

Verified Member
In this particular game, Shannon's opponent rolled up on the 8 slowly, off the long rail first, leaving a slight angle on the 8.

Shannon wasted no time at all 3 railing the 8 into his hole. Good example of how a passive shot can give up the initiative quickly against a very strong player. Shannon was down 5 balls in this game and was now 7-7 and shooting.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
In this particular game, Shannon's opponent rolled up on the 8 slowly, off the long rail first, leaving a slight angle on the 8.

Shannon wasted no time at all 3 railing the 8 into his hole. Good example of how a passive shot can give up the initiative quickly against a very strong player. Shannon was down 5 balls in this game and was now 7-7 and shooting.

how many times out of ten do you think you leave the 3 railer???
just askin for my education...:D

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
how many times out of ten do you think you leave the 3 railer???
just askin for my education...:D

Rolling up on the 8ball is the wrong shot, period. It's not how many times you will give up a three railer shooting it in the fashion that he did, it's how many times will you give up a three railer shooting it how Frank suggested to shoot it. 0 zero.

Dr. Bill

beatle

Verified Member
franks shot is fine. i like rods better because it falls into my theory (actually fact). that it is almost always the shot to either play safe and leave great players long on a rail, or make an offensive shot against them.

and never if possible leave the cue ball close to the object ball.