Loss of game?

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Well, today in a refereed match, Strawberry's double shot would be minimum loss of game. Depending on the circumstances when things like this happen, it could be loss of match or Unsportsmanlike Conduct-- even ejection from the tournament.

~Doc

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
8 to 5 Louis was fiddling with something else, and missed the whole thing and din't realize he fouled.

beatle

Verified Member
more like a mental block mistake as he followed the cueball down and sold out.

i wouldnt call loss of game just a foul if i was gambling. in a tournament i would call whatever the rule was.

baby huey

Verified Member
Fouls are one thing but "Unsportsmenlike Conduct" is another. Sorry, it's an old hustlers angle to gain an advantage. In a tournament it should be loss of the match. I was once gambling in a match against a tough old hustler who didn't know me very well. I left him in the jaws and he proceeded to push and hold the cueball against the corner tit thus corner hooking me. I looked at him and laughed and he laughed too. I then told him he'd better win this game cause I was quitting him. Fortunately I was ahead in the match. I won and quit and asked him if he still thought the whole thing was humorous? His laugh turned to whining and the rail all had a good belly laugh.

beatle

Verified Member
why quit him you are beating him. just tell him its not a legal shot and do it over. its not cheating when a person does it in front of you.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
He didn't mean to do it.:)

He was leading one to zero in that game and had position.. No reason to be upset over missing some combo carom.. He was up 3-1 in the match.. He didn't sell out anything. When you start getting old you have involuntary spasms and reactions sometimes. He was an old experienced war horse. Why do that on purpose? Makes no sense.... Dr. Bill said it was accidental also. Loss of game, rack em, move on..He might of had dystonia or something.. A great eight letter word including involving a Y..

beatle

Verified Member
I quit people like this because who knows what else he's capable of doing down the line.

as long as i am beating him and what he does wont change that, i let him do it. but pretend i am trying to keep him in check a little. after all that's his game and i accommodate. some of my best customers over the years cheated me out of thousands of dollars while i was beating them till they went broke.

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I have a real bad case of Fibromyalgia and one of my symtoms is involuntary muscle spasms. Sometimes they are quite pronounced. I was playing one pocket one day and this guy watching says , I don't like your stroke, it's got a lot of herky jerky in it .
I said "I don't much care for it either , but thats what I got , so I deal with it.:heh

baby huey

Verified Member
If a guy does it once its shame on him.........Twice or more its shame on you for playing.

Dennis "Whitey" Young

Verified Member
From
Klamath Falls, Or.
Disregarding what transpired in this game going forth, to me it looks clearly like an intentional concession of game, out of frustration! Not as glaring as raking the balls with the side of the cue, but obviously pretty demonstrative. So, to me it is a concession of game, for Strawberry's inning was over after the first shot, thereby his second shot is a concession! Whitey

Last edited: