Chicago Rematch

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
First of all, thanks to Ghost, Buddy and staff and people at Chris Billiards for organizing and hosting the event. While they were rooting for their homeboy, as they should, we were treated well. If you have never visited this pool room, get it on your bucket list. I am a lifetime poolplayer and spending time in a room like this full of other lifetime players is about as good as it gets.

Thanks to my road partner Kentucky Bill for keeping me focused, handling the stream and all the support he brings. We had our own Chicago Angel, Angel Levine, who picked us up at the airport, ran us around town, showed us some great eating spots and brightened up our day, every day. Our old friend ATM Eddie Neves had business in town and sweated most of the match, took us out to dinner, and was in a little action with someone every day.

Nice to see Chicago Mike again and watch him play some with Ike Runnels. Mike comes to play and was also in action quite a bit. You can get played here, there are quite a few one pocket players who know the game and how to match up. Crabcat John drove 6/7 hours from Kentucky to be there, sweat a little and be in action too.

As far as the match itself, day one was a nightmare for The Ghost. We have all had them, you make a good shot and get no reward, you take a little chance, get a funny kiss and scratch and so on. Of course that pumps up your opponent and I took full advantage of it. I can think of two games I won where I took shots I might not normally shoot, but took them and made them because I knew I was running good. A score of 6/1 the first day going to ten would be very hard to overcome.

The second day I got outplayed and Ghost won three games and I won one. He put me on tilt and I was glad to get out of there with a 7/4 lead. I had the first break in day three and winning that first game was big. If I lose we are probably going into day four. We both won three games and I won the set 10/7.

Thanks again Ghost for the action and being a class act to play.

John

Last edited:

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
Nice shooting guys.... it was fun to sweat a little.

Attachments

• 41nSRUAKcUL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg
    41nSRUAKcUL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 0

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Great write up, great playing and congrats, John! That was really fun to sweat on the stream so thank you, again, to KY. And I agree, Ghost is a class act.

A few of us had fun chatting live on Discord, cincy's brainchild. There has to be a way to use that software so all could enjoy it.

Rest up, John...you earned it.

Dave