Pro Players Championship at the Expo

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Looks like 48 players are here at the Expo entered in the pro One Pocket event. It is double elimination format down to 8 players then it goes to a final 8 players single elimination.

Bernie P is here
Justin Hall
Sky Woodward

Corey too

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429378387.720426.jpg

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Payouts -- full field of 48

View attachment 12024

I would play more tournaments and spend more calcutta money if payouts for each were more like this... IOW, not so top-heavy as usual.

Granted, more profit for the top one or two when it's top-heavy, but more chance to make expenses for more people if it's spread out more.

Of course the fact I'm never gonna be #1 or #2 has NOTHING to do with my opinion. :D

u12armresl

Verified Member
You'd play more knowing how high the entry fee was?

I would play more tournaments and spend more calcutta money if payouts for each were more like this... IOW, not so top-heavy as usual.

Granted, more profit for the top one or two when it's top-heavy, but more chance to make expenses for more people if it's spread out more.

Of course the fact I'm never gonna be #1 or #2 has NOTHING to do with my opinion. :D

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
You'd play more knowing how high the entry fee was?

Heh.

I didn't say I'd play this one. :p

Actually, as far as my own interests are concerned, I was thinking more about Calcutta payouts, so I wasn't as accurate as I should have been. (There aren't many tournaments in the $200-$300 range, and that's the size I'd be more likely to enter with "spreadout.")

But I was also thinking that less top-heavy tournament payouts would encourage more of the better players to play more of the more expensive ones.

Just my $.02

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
See, I KNEW we had some closet science guys on the forum-- all rooting for Jewett.:D Problem with Bob is.... he knows all the shots. I played him once in a tournament in SF without realizing who it was. We got to the hill where I left him a lock-em-down safety. He stepped up and shot some kiss reverse bank combo shot to make the 9 ball and win the game. I went up to the TD to tell him I got beat by someone who sh*t the 9 ball in on me. He said, "Really? Bob Jewett slopped in the 9??" I walked away thinking, "That was Bob Jewett? Maybe he actually played that shot.:eek:"

I see there could be a good match coming up between Woodward and Pettipiece.

'Preciate the heads up on the brackets.

~Doc

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
See, I KNEW we had some closet science guys on the forum-- all rooting for Jewett.:D Problem with Bob is.... he knows all the shots. I played him once in a tournament in SF without realizing who it was. We got to the hill where I left him a lock-em-down safety. He stepped up and shot some kiss reverse bank combo shot to make the 9 ball and win the game. I went up to the TD to tell him I got beat by someone who sh*t the 9 ball in on me. He said, "Really? Bob Jewett slopped in the 9??" I walked away thinking, "That was Bob Jewett? Maybe he actually played that shot.:eek:"

~Doc

Skylar has really learned one pocket well the last two years and even won a few tournaments. He did very well at Derby barely loosing to Shuff....

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I see Jesse Bowman beat Corey Dueul. Jesse's from the Chicago area isn't he?

I think he prefers rotation, but he plays 1P very well.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Skylar has really learned one pocket well the last two years and even won a few tournaments. He did very well at Derby barely loosing to Shuff....

I tried to get him to spend a week or two with Cliff Joyner. Don't know whether he did it, but you're right, his 1P game is getting very good.

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
I am from Kentucky, and furthermore, I like Skylar. However, against Bernie, I doubt he is favored. I've said it before, Bernie might be the smartest one ocket player on the planet.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
I see Jesse Bowman beat Corey Dueul. Jesse's from the Chicago area isn't he?

I think he prefers rotation, but he plays 1P very well.

Jason Brown beat him, out of Houston i think. Just beat Bernie too... I believe Jesse lives in Iowa, Barbox monster

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
I am from Kentucky, and furthermore, I like Skylar. However, against Bernie, I doubt he is favored. I've said it before, Bernie might be the smartest one ocket player on the planet.

He's a local here and used to beg me to play him league night so he could learn how to play. I gave him 9-6 when he was 16. I had to play him for .50 a game and he would usually stiff me...lol Two years ago he started beating me even. He's 21 now and gave me 10-7 the other day and destroyed me...

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA

~Doc

I have known Bob for years. He beat me in the one pocket tournament in Galveston a few years back. He played well and made some terrific banks on me.

First guy I ever saw who played with no ferrule and the tip glued to the shaft. The cue was a Balabushka.

Bob has probably done as much to promote pool as anyone. A certified BCA Instructor for years and very involved with the organizations that run three cushion and snooker in the USA.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Bob definitely is a supporter of the cue games! I've never seen Him hit a pool ball, but, I know He plays a little 3C.

In 2002 at Chris's they tried a 'double elimination' 3C tournament for the first time, race to 2, 15 point games! I played Him and His buddy Bob Byrne back to back! I won both matches!