Time charged at DCC

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
I heard somewhere that they charge mucho $$$ for time on the tables at DCC. Is this true? Also heard that just getting a table is quite the task also, any truth there?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I heard somewhere that they charge mucho $$$ for time on the tables at DCC. Is this true? Also heard that just getting a table is quite the task also, any truth there?

Jeff....there are about 40 tournament tables, and there is an 'action room' with about 8 tables.....table time is always $10 an hour in the action room, and also $10 an hour in the tournament rooms after midnight....a table is not too hard to get early in the morning and after 11:00 p.m. - but between 11:00 a.m and 11:00 p.m it's very tough....you have to hustle, scam, or get lucky to get one in the action room - and you can jump on a table in the tournament room between 11:00 a.m and 11:00 p.m for free when a match ends, but you won't be able to stay on it for very long, cuz they'll soon need it again.

- Ghost

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Jeff....there are about 40 tournament tables, and there is an 'action room' with about 8 tables.....table time is always $10 an hour in the action room, and also $10 an hour in the tournament rooms after midnight....a table is not too hard to get early in the morning and after 11:00 p.m. - but between 11:00 a.m and 11:00 p.m it's very tough....you have to hustle, scam, or get lucky to get one in the action room - and you can jump on a table in the tournament room between 11:00 a.m and 11:00 p.m for free when a match ends, but you won't be able to stay on it for very long, cuz they'll soon need it again.

- Ghost

$10.00 per person per hour, considering the venue, well, that's not bad, but playin for $20.00 a rattle ain't payin any expenses. Gonna have to jack it up a bit, or it's a social game, which ain't a bad thing either among fellow one pocketeers. Have a great time Ghost, wish I could go and meet you all the attending members, but not this year.

Thanks for the info, Sir.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
No one is collecting table time, at least in the action room. They are Diamond Smart tables and charge you (I thought it was $6.00 but whatever) by putting tokens in the box like with a bar box except it is all electronic. They let you play for a half and hour and then won't give made balls back to you unless you pay again.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
what about for the practice time? Like 10 AM - Noon before one pocket players meeting. Is it hard to get a table to practice on?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Have a great time Ghost, wish I could go and meet you and all the attending members, but not this year.

That's disappointing Jeff - I was looking forward to meeting you there too.

what about for the practice time? Like 10 AM - Noon before one pocket players meeting. Is it hard to get a table to practice on?

kid...You'll be able to get on a table for those hours, but you'll most likely have to share it and practice with somebody.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
$10.00 per person per hour, considering the venue, well, that's not bad, but playin for $20.00 a rattle ain't payin any expenses. Gonna have to jack it up a bit, or it's a social game, which ain't a bad thing either among fellow one pocketeers. Have a great time Ghost, wish I could go and meet you all the attending members, but not this year.

Thanks for the info, Sir.

It is 10/hour for the table -- not per person. If that helps any....