Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2017, 12:30 PM
Verified Member

Default I like Mark Wilson

...but I wish he'd disagree with Danny like Dr. Bill does when Danny is -- frequently -- full of shit.
Old 01-25-2017, 12:33 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSJohn View Post
...but I wish he'd disagree with Danny like Dr. Bill does when Danny is -- frequently -- full of shit.
he is too much a gentleman to not respect his elders
Old 01-25-2017, 02:47 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lll View Post
he is too much a gentleman to not respect his elders
This is one pocket commentary, not a city council meeting.

If a dumbass like me knows ahead of time that half of Danny's predictions and suggestions are wrong or silly, there's definitely something worth changing.

Pat apparently doesn't agree.
Old 01-25-2017, 05:46 PM
Verified Member

Default I suppose......

.......politics raises its head again.........it sure makes a BIG difference when the announcers are to ones liking......Billy,Grady,Buddy,Freddie.......after that I don't know much except for 3-cushion,Blomdahl is always a step ahead of whats transpiring on the table and elsewhere.Hopefully someone will take Grady's place and fill it to the top.....adieu,Bob
Old 01-25-2017, 06:56 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by usblues View Post
it sure makes a BIG difference when the announcers are to ones liking
You're sure right about that, but I'm curious, Bob; what are you thinking politics has to do with it?
Old 01-25-2017, 10:57 PM
Verified Member

Quote:

If a dumbass like me knows ahead of time that half of Danny's predictions and suggestions are wrong or silly, there's definitely something worth changing.

Pat is running full speed ahead on a sinking ship and doesn't even realize how much it hurts his product.

I think the best of the worst last night in the bank finals DD says "anybody know what first place pays? And Mark says "No i sure don't, but i think it was like 14k last year... Then there was dead silence and the last time it was mentioned...lol
Old 01-26-2017, 12:32 AM
Verified Member

Sorry, I'm not a fan of Mark in the booth. Something about the words he chooses and he's too much like milk toast, I like em a little feistier. I guess this is what you mean about disagreeing with DD or whomever and be a little more animated. It's a tough job I know, but there is something about him that bugs me.

My favorite duo was Dr. Bill and Freddy for 1-pocket. I always learned a ton and it was entertaining as heck. RIP Mr. Beard. Even Dr. Bill and Grady were fun because they argued all the time. RIP Grady.

Dr. Bill, you can never die on us!

Dave
Old 01-26-2017, 01:06 AM
Verified Member

i myself want some spirited debate in the booth--and some commentary that comes from a different perspective perhaps...... i like people that think outside the box........
Old 01-26-2017, 09:48 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12squared View Post
Sorry, I'm not a fan of Mark in the booth. Something about the words he chooses and he's too much like milk toast, I like em a little feistier. I guess this is what you mean about disagreeing with DD or whomever and be a little more animated. It's a tough job I know, but there is something about him that bugs me.

My favorite duo was Dr. Bill and Freddy for 1-pocket. I always learned a ton and it was entertaining as heck. RIP Mr. Beard. Even Dr. Bill and Grady were fun because they argued all the time. RIP Grady.

Dr. Bill, you can never die on us!

Dave
I agree with all that. I like Mark as a person, and I appreciate the content when he commentates, but I also am not a fan of his style.

Scott Rabon is very good. He certainly sees a lot of options I miss, or sees them before I do. He makes few mistakes.

JJ and Dr. Bill are the best.

DD ....... aw, nuff said.
Old 01-26-2017, 10:20 AM
Verified Member

Quote:

i agree for educational and entertainment value the pair of DD and Mark Wilson
as commentating teams will not make it into the commentators hall of fame.......
as for mark disagreeing with danny its not his style for better or worse