Tournament Coordinator at Lacy's

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
With many of the players being out-of-towners and some of us having jobs and businesses, has anyone determined a need for a DEADLINE FOR SIGN UP?

I was just thinking about the timeline of the event and while it is a few months away, many of us have jobs, families, vacation schedules or other responsibilities etc. and was wondering if we should have a deadline for signing up.

If so, has a date been set. I realize that some people may have to back out at the last minute due to emergencies but I would hate to see the tournament fizzling at the last minute.

Thanks,

JoeyA

It's my opinion that there should be no deadline. If we have a cap, we either fill up the limit, or we don't. No problem. If we don't have a cap, it's still a good idea for as many people as possible to pay entries in advance because it might help making plans to know approximately how many to expect.

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
It's my opinion that there should be no deadline. If we have a cap, we either fill up the limit, or we don't. No problem. If we don't have a cap, it's still a good idea for as many people as possible to pay entries in advance because it might help making plans to know approximately how many to expect.

Agreed, deadline depends on cap. If no cap, paying early helps us better plan. If no cap, deadline for early pay is postmark by August 31st or else pay at site.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
You're welcome.

I regularly see Frank and am updating my information sheet with BLUE INK headings as I obtain additional information or as it changes. I will try to keep it up as we decide CAP or no CAP etc.

There is one thing though and I will add it after this post. Lacy's Cue will have a VERY SMALL band on Saturday night. Harvey Jesus is 70 years old and plays a lot of oldies and easy listening music with small crowd following. They start at 8 PM and they are for the most part, well separated from the 9 foot tables so I don't see any big problems. They have been booked for quite a while but I just thought everyone should know. Bring your ear plugs if live music bothers you but as I recall it won't be super loud.

JoeyA

Maybe they will add a little disco stuff.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I priced the ''real'' measles cue balls before I went to Bogies, they are 30-40 dollars each. Personally, I think we should all use the same cue ball's....either all red circles or all measles or???, but not a mixture of both.

JoeyA

Verified Member
From
Metairie, LA
I priced the ''real'' measles cue balls before I went to Bogies, they are 30-40 dollars each. Personally, I think we should all use the same cue ball's....either all red circles or all measles or???, but not a mixture of both.

That's a nice chunk of change to upgrade to all measle balls.

I agree with you about no mixture.

JoeyA

JoeyA

Verified Member
From
Metairie, LA
UPDATE from the front

UPDATE from the front

Lacy's Cue is the APA City Cup location of choice and has been since Lacy's opened.

I just now walked in to Lacy's Cue and Frank informed me that the APA had given him notice that there will be an APA event at Lacy's Cue, the same weekend as OnePocket.org event.

The APA event is played entirely on 7 foot tables. This is a huge event for Lacy's Cue and Frank reassured me that his 18,000 square foot facility will be more than adequate to handle both events. The 9 footers are on one side of the room and the 7 footers are on the other side of the room. A good time should be had by all.

Just thought you all should know. If you have any reservations about this, let's talk immediately.

Thanks,
JoeyA

JoeyA

Verified Member
From
Metairie, LA
Lacy's Cue 9 footers

Lacy's Cue 9 footers

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Do you think the group would object to $30 green fee?

If you all think this is fair and acceptable, I believe Frank will extend additional courtesy of allowing all of us to play on any available tables FOR FREE on Thursday and Friday day and night.....
JoeyA

Works for me too.

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Measles Cue Balls

Measles Cue Balls

:):)I will bring a box of measle balls(16) with me. I will be arriving Thursday afternoon. Everyone should be able to practice beforehand w/measle ball. Does that sound allright to everyone ?

Robert Newkirk

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
With many of the players being out-of-towners and some of us having jobs and businesses, has anyone determined a need for a DEADLINE FOR SIGN UP?

If there is not a cap:
Deadline for sending entry fees by mail is postmarked by August 31st after which entry fees can be accepted at tournament event.

If there is a cap:
Interested members should promptly send in their entries ASAP to insure they will be able to participate and sign up will end as soon as the cap is met. If enough entries have not been posted in the mail by August 31st to satisfy the cap, then members may bring their entry fee in person to the event and sign up at that time. If this occurs, there may be some risk of late signups not being able to play or having to serve as an alternate if the cap is exceeded by onsite signups.

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
:):)I will bring a box of measle balls(16) with me. I will be arriving Thursday afternoon. Everyone should be able to practice beforehand w/measle ball. Does that sound allright to everyone ?

Robert Newkirk

I like that... now I don't have to change up my award winning stroke for a different cue ball. You're in trouble now Robert. :lol

PS: thanks for supplying the measle balls! :)

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri

Robert Newkirk

Sounds great, but I'm not letting you pick the one I use, or the one you use. :D