Regional @Fiddlestix (Canton, OH)

youngstown

Verified Member
Who’s interested? I’m thinking two day but depends on turnout and what others are up for. If we don’t get a lot of members signing up I’d like to open it up for locals at my discretion (in other words I know who not to let play). Members get a discount on the entry or something like that. Would that work?

Friday night optional open play, Saturday 12am-12pm chip tourney with break for dinner, Sunday seeded 4 man single elim bracket.

If you are interested please reply to this post.

Last edited:

youngstown

Verified Member

More info about Fiddlestix: there are 7 9s, a billiards table, and some (6?) bar boxes as well. Nice bar area. Owned by Chris Szeuter. He’s hosted one pocket tourneys before but hasn’t for a couple years.

youngstown

Verified Member

He only had one really good open date in September so I booked it for September 7 and 8th

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
More info about Fiddlestix: there are 7 9s, a billiards table, and some (6?) bar boxes as well. Nice bar area. Owned by Chris Szeuter. He’s hosted one pocket tourneys before but hasn’t for a couple years.

On a side note:

I played Chris a tough hill-hill One Pocket match at the DCC somewhere's around 12-15 years ago - he play's real good One Pocket - and he's a nice guy.

- Ghost

Last edited:

youngstown

Verified Member

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Not in the cards for me sorry Mark!

Isn't this around the same time as the Memphis regional tourney?

(just curious)

youngstown

Verified Member

Not in the cards for me sorry Mark!

Isn't this around the same time as the Memphis regional tourney?

(just curious)

When is Memphis? I wasn’t aware of it until after I posted this. If I knew about Memphis I wouldn’t have bothered with trying to put one together...

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
When is Memphis? I wasn’t aware of it until after I posted this. If I knew about Memphis I wouldn’t have bothered with trying to put one together...

I could be mistaken Mark, but I remember in a thread not long ago John Crabb asked me to join them in the fall for their tourney in Memphis, but maybe it's not in stone yet.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
I could be mistaken Mark, but I remember in a thread not long ago John Crabb asked me to join them in the fall for their tourney in Memphis, but maybe it's not in stone yet.

Yes, its confirmed, im working on dates for Rowseys 1500 added fall tournament now

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
speaking of Canton, I haven't seen Poolisboring around in a long time, you still out there Don? :)

(our pic when we met up to play some)

youngstown

Verified Member

I’m not one to go back on what I said, so I will run this tourney for Chris as planned but it will not be a member’s only tourney. It will be a local two day tourney (and of course our members are welcome too). Chris and I have decided to do a noon-10pm chip qualifier and on Sunday we’ll bring back the 4 players with the most wins. Chris was disappointed tho that he couldn’t host us.

AndyB

I'm in and I'm guessing my friend and mentor Dave would play as well.

Andy