D. DiLiberto vs. T. Fleharty 2000 D.C.C.

1pwannabe

Verified Member
DiLiberto to shoot. What would you do?

I like the 3-railer on the 2 ball, sending the cue ball up near the 13 ball. Of course a dbl-kiss near the 3rd rail would be a total disaster, so it would depend on how I felt about the rails and cloth.

Another option is 1-rail kick into the 13 ball sending it to your hole, outside english willl kill whitey there.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
D. DiLiberto vs. T. Fleharty 2000 D.C.C.

I like the 3-railer on the 2 ball, sending the cue ball up near the 13 ball. Of course a dbl-kiss near the 3rd rail would be a total disaster, so it would depend on how I felt about the rails and cloth.

Another option is 1-rail kick into the 13 ball sending it to your hole, outside english willl kill whitey there.

Don't think there's enough room behind the 13. I also like the 3 railer on the two ball. Down 6:3, need to push the issue a bit.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I like banking the 15 one rail with some right spin to throw it a bit which also helps keep the CB behind the 2 blocking the 15 which should be near your pocket now. You make it, you have the 2 and then bank the 9.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I'm gonna bank the 15 ball to the head rail, where he's resting his cue stick, between the 8 & 9 two rails to that opening on Dannys side up table other side of the 9 by the head rail. Playing all cue ball here and putting whitey in the middle of the foot rail. Gotta get whitey ON the foot rail.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I would try to bank the 15 ball in with bottom right.. at Derby you can turn the balls real good.. Draw off the side rial back down to the end rail left of the 2 ball so I have a bank on the 9 ball if I make the 15. if I make the 15 ball I will be able to bank the 9 ball pocket speed to my hole and have the cue ball nudge the 8 ball into the 13 ball jamming them up. If I make the 9 I have a spot shot on the 2.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
The score of 6-3 should have little significance in this situation because the shooter doesn't appear to have an offensive shot. Too many games are lost because players put too much importance on a deficit when there is no offensive shot and force a shot and either lose their position or sell out. To me it doesn't look like you can turn the 15ball in and there's not much to be gained if you can. In this type of a situation I would position the 15ball on my side by banking it 2-1/2 rails hoping to have the 15ball end up near my side pocket. I would draw the cue ball to the foot rail and take my seat and try to work myself into a better situation to deal from.

Dr. Bill

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
If I could bank the 15 ball without the danger of kissing off the nine ball, which would send it toward his hole, that's what I would do, then follow up with a bank on the eight ball. If not, then this is my choice to discourage him from attempting a bank on the eight ball. Or better yet, tease him into banking the eight.
bank the 15.jpg

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
The score of 6-3 should have little significance in this situation because the shooter doesn't appear to have an offensive shot. Too many games are lost because players put too much importance on a deficit when there is no offensive shot and force a shot and either lose their position or sell out. To me it doesn't look like you can turn the 15ball in and there's not much to be gained if you can. In this type of a situation I would position the 15ball on my side by banking it 2-1/2 rails hoping to have the 15ball end up near my side pocket. I would draw the cue ball to the foot rail and take my seat and try to work myself into a better situation to deal from.

Dr. Bill

Exactly.

This is a time to be patient and work the balls into a more favorable position.
I always search for an offensive shot, especially when trailing in the score, it's wired in by my 9 ball DNA. I've tried to turn balls similar to this many times and most times it turns out poorly when it nicks the ball in the path and sells out the game. By choosing the shot Dr. Bill suggests, it sends a message to your opponent that you aren't afraid to play patiently and that you think you can out play him & beat him to the shot. Test his patience, let him make the first mistake, come from behind and steal this game, if you do, it will leave a lasting impression on him and be a factor in the next game and possibly the match.

Last edited:

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Make the 15 and draw to bottom rail (I think spotted balls block both straightbacks if hit well.)

This is my shot, keeps 2 balls down table. I'd probably try to make the 15 off the 13, just to get another ball more in play.

mhilton777

Verified Member
From
Rosemount, MN
I like the 3 railer on the deuce with speed and bottom left on the cue ball to pull whitey back to the bottom rail. If I miss, the 2 goes back up table.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Make the 15 and draw to bottom rail (I think spotted balls block both straightbacks if hit well.)

Try as I might I cannot think of anything else for me to shoot than this:eek:. Sometimes you just have to do nothing and let the game go on. Naturally I froze him to the rail:).

cd1.jpg

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
This is my shot, keeps 2 balls down table. I'd probably try to make the 15 off the 13, just to get another ball more in play.

I like the 13 there. I think I can 2-rail it from more places on the table than he can bank it at his hole (I'd prefer it a little closer to the pocket, but I still like it here better than most of the places it would go if I hit it with the 15.)

1pwannabe

Verified Member