Billy Vs Grady

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
I'm thinking there is nothing to be gained here, only lost, as his only option now, is to thin the ball towards his hole, and put you on the side rail(your side) hiding behind the stack. I mean, that's automatic.

And since you thinned the balls you now have to guard a cross bank, etc. In a few innings you will be in the stack with the loose ball hanging in his pocket.

Fast Lenny said:
This shot jumps out to most and is pretty obvious but I do not like it because we have to look deeper which can be hard to do. We have to think of the opponents return, if I am left where you diagrammed I am going to come of the 5 and get my cue ball by the other side of the stack and all of a sudden your in a trap and the tables have been turned so to speak. I would try to keep my opponent in the stick even if I foul and it cost me a ball doing it because the cue ball looks very close to the 1 to keep your rock there and get a rail with the 1 without fouling.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
lll said:
its the hill game
its 5-0 billys ahead
its billys shot
whats the shot????
View attachment 2520
I really don't remember this situation and what I did, but there are only three balls that I could possibly shoot off of, providing I can see the 14 ball. If I could see the 14 ball that would be the ball that I would shoot off of. By shooting off the 14 ball I would open all three balls up, the 14, 9, and 10 balls. I would reposition the cue ball up table close to the bottom cushion near the side rail.

If the 14 ball wasn't an option I would then shoot off the 1 ball and leave the cue ball on the side rail where my opponent couldn't see the 15 ball by my pocket, nor could he pocket the 5 ball positioned on his side. With this shot I am protecting my lead and my opponent cannot improve his position.

If my opponent would then shoot off the 5 ball and position the cue ball on my side of the table near the side rail, I would then kick at the 5 ball using the bottom cushion as the rail I would kick from. With this strategy the balls would never be opened for my opponent to steal the game with, and I would then be in a position to start an up table game with the lead.

Billy I.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
wincardona said:
I really don't remember this situation and what I did, but there are only three balls that I could possibly shoot off of, providing I can see the 14 ball. If I could see the 14 ball that would be the ball that I would shoot off of. By shooting off the 14 ball I would open all three balls up, the 14, 9, and 10 balls. I would reposition the cue ball up table close to the bottom cushion near the side rail.

If the 14 ball wasn't an option I would then shoot off the 1 ball and leave the cue ball on the side rail where my opponent couldn't see the 15 ball by my pocket, nor could he pocket the 5 ball positioned on his side. With this shot I am protecting my lead and my opponent cannot improve his position.

If my opponent would then shoot off the 5 ball and position the cue ball on my side of the table near the side rail, I would then kick at the 5 ball using the bottom cushion as the rail I would kick from. With this strategy the balls would never be opened for my opponent to steal the game with, and I would then be in a position to start an up table game with the lead.

Billy I.

I win first price that is what I said and the first price is. I get too comantate with Billy.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
lll said:
well arie im not sure you get the prize since thats not what billy shot:eek:
heres what billy shot
View attachment 2526

I go by what Billy said not by trick pytography. I dont see anyone at the table that looks like Billy. I no you guys with all the things you can do on the internet are magicians.

JUst like OJ the glovedoesnt fit. But its mein. You cant trick me that isnt Billy shooting at the table. And billy doesnt have a twine brother either.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
NOW will someone talk about the pros /cons of leaving the ball high in the stack when an opponent has a ball by his pocket
no question if billy left grady froze that kick might not have been an option

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
newfosgatesucks said:
Because A:You get a high ball, a low ball, and he is blocked from anything.
B: You LIMIT HIS OPTIONS
C: You effectively cut out his current safe zone of the table
D: Anywhere he can put me from there, I like.
good reasons:)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Artie Bodendorfer said:
I go by what Billy said not by trick pytography. I dont see anyone at the table that looks like Billy. I no you guys with all the things you can do on the internet are magicians.

JUst like OJ the glovedoesnt fit. But its mein. You cant trick me that isnt Billy shooting at the table. And billy doesnt have a twine brother either.
artie billy sais he did not remember the shot here is the sequence
it is NOT trick photography
aa4.jpg

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
The shot that Billy chose is why he is a great one pocket player. The shot that jumped out that Ace posted is what many of us might have done but we have to think ahead. Artie spoke awhile about visualizing what we will leave our opponents with after we play our shot and what he might do in return which might put us in a worse spot than before.

The shot choice of leaving him in the stack keeps you safe, if you just come of the ball like Ace suggested you leave him open to thin that 5 ball and get cover behind the stuck and now your in a jam and lose position. I think stuff like this is what separates us from the champions besides just skill, we need to look much deeper in the game which can be tough to do when your at the table and in the moment.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Artie Bodendorfer said:
I win first price that is what I said and the first price is. I get too comantate with Billy.

Or maybe Billy Stroud will get to commentate since he had the right shot.:p

Maybe it was trick photography. It doesn't look like Billy I, it looks like his twin brother. Fess up Larry, don't do this to Artie.:D
Rod.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i must fess up:eek:

i could never be a road hustler because i cannot tell a :D lie

there is no tricks or family subs its billy shooting :eek:

you can order the dvd at accu-stats for the non beleivers:D

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Fast Lenny said:
The shot that Billy chose is why he is a great one pocket player. The shot that jumped out that Ace posted is what many of us might have done but we have to think ahead. Artie spoke awhile about visualizing what we will leave our opponents with after we play our shot and what he might do in return which might put us in a worse spot than before.

The shot choice of leaving him in the stack keeps you safe, if you just come of the ball like Ace suggested you leave him open to thin that 5 ball and get cover behind the stuck and now your in a jam and lose position. I think stuff like this is what separates us from the champions besides just skill, we need to look much deeper in the game which can be tough to do when your at the table and in the moment.
lenny im not saying i would shoot this shot but im always looking to freeze an opponent on a ball or the rail
im also looking to get behind his balls by his pocket (assuming i dont leave a bank
so here is something that would have gone thru my mind

ll1.jpg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
^^ that being said
billys shot is so much stronger even if he didnt freeze the q fot the reasons nfs said
in this case to mave a ball above his pocket with a ball below his pocket
made this shot even stronger
if he could have thinned something to end up on top of the stack without a ball by his pocket threatening
would it still be good move???:confused:
thats really my question
you never want to leave a makeable ball by your opponents pocket but to bide time if there isnt qanything else to do do you just leave him in the stack hoping he makes a mistake or you get another opportunity to move his ball????
it seems the answer is yes
want opinions from those more experienced than me.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
androd said:
Or maybe Billy Stroud will get to commentate since he had the right shot.:p

Maybe it was trick photography. It doesn't look like Billy I, it looks like his twin brother. Fess up Larry, don't do this to Artie.:D
Rod.
Looks like Cole Dickson to me.