Vapros is a Genius

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Did I mention that vapros is a genius?

Is 80 years too late to be a prodigy?

"an amazing or unusual thing, especially one out of the ordinary course of nature."

I guess not. :)

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Wow! John, with a fan like you, I can almost be at peace with the ugly fact that I will never be a very good one-pocket player. If I am entertaining even a few readers, you know . . . ? Like 94.29% of writers, I do it because I like to. Unpaid bills are a fact of life to most of those who aspire to be like John Grisham. Thanks for the kind words - they are important.

Is it coincidence that you have made a very interesting post today in the journals forum? I have long suspected you to be a member with a lot of tales to tell. And not about cigarettes and lung ailments, either. Don't stop now. My own journal would be much easier to sustain if I had pool stories.

A link from Tom Wirth today led me to discover a number of videos from him, and they are excellent viewing. I gotta get me a pair of them socks - maybe that's one of his secrets.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
My own journal would be much easier to sustain if I had pool stories.
I don't have much in the way of pool stories. I was never a good player so most of my pool has been $5 nine ball and in recent years $20 one pocket. Nothing very interesting is going to come out of that.

I played $100 9 ball once. The guy was supposed to be better than I but I knew it was close, I was playing well, and he pissed me off. He got to piss me off a second time when I beat him out of $400, $300 of it on the wire. Well, he did pay me $20 once later. :(

I played $100 one pocket once on a 5 X 10 and it turned into one of my best scores, you might say. I was givin' a guy 8-6 because I thought I knew how to play and thought he didn't. Turned out that I was only 180 degrees off. I got $500 stuck in 3 or 4 hours and pulled up. The guy said, "You wanna play some 9 ball?" No I didn't want to play any GD 9 ball, but I was stuck so what choice did I have? We jumped on a 4 1/2 X 9 and I immediately snapped into dead punch (for me) got even, and he hopped me. I count that as a $500 score. :rolleyes:

I wish I could help to give you inspiration because when I check the Journals page and see your name I know it's gonna be a good day. :)