Gabe and Danny

baby huey

Verified Member
I was suprised to see Gabe lose all those games in a row at the end of this marathon. I think he was down by two games and lost six in a row. Mental fatigue perhaps or simply superior play by Danny. It's had to believe it was superior play at this point in the match so I have to think Gabe just capitulated at the end. This brings up another issue about not playing competitive pool for long period and expecting to get back into the game and possessing your "A Game" when you need it. Danny easily is a top five player in One Pocket and it would take an Alex, Dennis and Tony to beat him. So Gabe clearly had his hands full. The eight ahead took its toll for sure on Gabe. Good Shooting Danny.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I was suprised to see Gabe lose all those games in a row at the end of this marathon. I think he was down by two games and lost six in a row. Mental fatigue perhaps or simply superior play by Danny. It's had to believe it was superior play at this point in the match so I have to think Gabe just capitulated at the end. This brings up another issue about not playing competitive pool for long period and expecting to get back into the game and possessing your "A Game" when you need it. Danny easily is a top five player in One Pocket and it would take an Alex, Dennis and Tony to beat him. So Gabe clearly had his hands full. The eight ahead took its toll for sure on Gabe. Good Shooting Danny.

I hadn't seen Gabe in years, maybe 15 +, he put on about 30 lbs, maybe more. He's a big man.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans

I honestly thought Danny was 9/7 better than Gabe considering Danny is in action consistently and Gabe not so much

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I honestly thought Danny was 9/7 better than Gabe considering Danny is in action consistently and Gabe not so much

I think there will be a rematch, but with a format Gabe likes. He found out, he's not a kid anymore, and a slight adjustment to the game plan is needed.
Losing because of fatigue is the worst.

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Hard to believe the spot was wrong when the score ran to 62-62. That's about as even as it gets.

Maybe same spot, but a format more to Gabe's liking. Something like first to win 5 sets, race to 6. Play 2 sets a day. Might make something like four 10-hour sessions instead of six 12-hour ones.