HOF Dinner

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
There are things beyond my grasp (no low blows here). Growing up you were taught to try to be clean, have a nice appearance and not swear. Going to the DCC when it was in Kentucky, I could understand the dress being in t-shirts, raggedly jeans, sandals, drunk. Now it is different or should be. It has become the premier event for the US pool world and what’s the dress for a lifetime, highest, achievement dinner award? How about adding a little class where we can to the event? Like wearing at least a coat and tie for the presenters and people on the stage of the dinner. After all, this is supposed to be the acknowledgement of a lifetime of achievements by OUR organization. Myself, I would be appalled to be a presenter and not be adequately cleaned and dressed. That would mean having my tux cleaned and pressed. Anything less would be an embarrassment to the event and the presenter. This isn’t a gathering of hoodlums(not openly), at least not on stage. How much is dinner, $100?

Attachments

• 965AB056-E7C3-41A7-AA3A-316E49B0B47B.jpg
    965AB056-E7C3-41A7-AA3A-316E49B0B47B.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 0

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Well I think Matt's custom One Pocket HOF shirts are pretty sporty :D

One thing to keep in mind is some of the important attendees and honorees sometimes are still in the tournament! But I believe Shannon played a tournament match all decked out last year -- right after the dinner! I'm sorry I missed seeing that. Brumback had a match right after the dinner too I believe, but his issue had a little more to do with the libations at the dinner lol :D

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Well I think Matt's custom One Pocket HOF shirts are pretty sporty :D

One thing to keep in mind is some of the important attendees and honorees sometimes are still in the tournament! But I believe Shannon played a tournament match all decked out last year -- right after the dinner! I'm sorry I missed seeing that. Brumback had a match right after the dinner too I believe, but his issue had a little more to do with the libations at the dinner lol :D

Players used to play in dress clothes as a matter of usual business.