R. Martinez vs. H. Vickery 2000 D.C.C.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Martinez has a 6-0 lead and it's his shot. What would you do?

View attachment 5941

Anybody with a brain would kick at the 6 ball and hope to hide him from the balls up table. That would force oppo to take a passive shot and Raphael can start the lclean up process.

Knowing Raphael he probably played the 2 ball off of a draw carom. The shot is pretty easy and is at least even money to make it but it is a stiff to shoot at with a 6 zip lead.

Beard

ace

Verified Member
From
Longview, Tx
I think try to play safe behind the 6-ball.

Attachments

• R. Martinez vs. H. Vickery 2000 D.C.C. - OnePocket.jpg
    R. Martinez vs. H. Vickery 2000 D.C.C. - OnePocket.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 0

andyk

From
Tucson, Az
My shot would also be to kick at the six ball... It would be cool to kick with some spin and a little speed and lock the cue ball up on that three ball wall, if that shot is there.

Andy

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I do exactly what The Beard said to do. I don't like trying to go off the one first. I'm afraid I might hit it a little bad and leave him straight in. I can't imagine even Martinez doing any different. I'd hate to let anyone come up for air at this point, esp old short eyes....

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Knowing Raphael, he would probably lean over the table with a two foot bridge and spin the two in off the rail while tippy toeing on his left foot and his right foot about four feet in the air.

backplaying

Verified Member
It looks like you have have to hit the 1 super thin with alot of spin to get behind the 6. I like the kick into the 6 ball.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I would kick at the 6, no doubt about it. I could bank the 4, or I could play the 1 off the 11, but both those shots are under the category of 'don't even think about it'. Kick at the 6.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Knowing Raphael he probably played the 2 ball off of a draw carom.

Beard

Are you kwazy? Rafael doesn't have time for caroms, he wants to win now:D. He effortlessly popped in the 4 ball straight-back and drew back for shapes on the 1 ball, which he made to win the game:eek:.

RM's Shot 2.jpg

He left the cueball here:

CapturedPicture_2.Jpeg

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Is this another one of those situations where the guy is shooting the "wrong shot" and at the same time walking away with the game (when others would be ducking for an hour from here, perhaps followed by a scratch or two :p