Update on "Encyclopedia" #2 thread

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Note from Donald S.

I played you in an Akron tournament about 25 years ago. You won a close match, by getting cig ashes all over table. Can I get in on pre-publish first 100?
Thanks, Don

There you have a satisfied "Shark" customer. That is what you call, paying for the performance.

Beard

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I am finally finished with the writing of my book, and I am now heading down the home stretch. “All” that is left are the final edits. However, it is a daunting task, 500 pages. The format for my book is a little more complicated than the usual book form. But thank God I have my pal, the indomitable George Fels, to hold my hand every step of the way in this endeavor. I am not the worst writer, but my grammar and punctuation are basically lacking. George is a professional writer and editor, and he amazes me (and sometimes even pees me off a little), in that he can find every single, tiny (and there are countless examples of such) writing infraction I commit.

I even get busted with the spelling of some of the names of people I have known all my life. Maybe no one else on earth could have caught me misspelling those names. I use spell-check, so I am good to go most of the time, but George remembers the spelling of the names of people we associated with over 40 years ago!
One of my best friends for years, was “Tall Al” Lamareaux. I misspelled his name 2 or 3 different ways in my book. George knew the correct spelling. Al has been dead over 20 years.
The bottom line is, I would have been in a world of trouble without the help of Georgie-boy. With his help, I am hoping to put forth a genuinely professional product.

Beard

Congratulations Freddy, I hope you sell a million copies. Something tells me this will be one of the greatest pool books ever... When should i be expecting my copy autographed free copy?:D:D:D

onepockethacker

Verified Member
If a journeyman pool hustler like yourself cant get a backer for this, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Beard

LMFAO that was good..:lol I figured that shot I showed you and Steve and I made on the first attempt at Derby City was worth something... off the titty 3 rails and cut the object ball in!! Do you remember it?

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
LMFAO that was good..:lol I figured that shot I showed you and Steve and I made on the first attempt at Derby City was worth something... off the titty 3 rails and cut the object ball in!! Do you remember it?

As is usually the case lately, in my advancing dotage, I dont remember the whole thing. You could probably still trap me with the shot. jk, jk. What I do remember is that it was a real doozy. If you posted that shot diagram on the forum, and said you could do it, I would bet big money that the two resident "debunkers" Clever ..., and C.J.#1, would take it upon themselves to inform the public that you really couldnt. ( I doubt very much that you could drag a bet out of them that you couldnt, however.)

Great shot.

Beard