Donations

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
When I'm in LA and I have a little extra money, I go to the pool room in Santa Monica. House of Billiards:heh
First time I went in I played two of the best players in the house. Because they knew of me, we settled on games that were equal. 11-7, 10-7. I broke even in one and I should have quit the other when I knew I was at the end of my day but who likes breaking even when you can donate?:frus
I have gone back many times to HOF and have sort of found my place in the pecking order. I haven't butted heads with the top dogs again because I can watch them from the rail. They are always in action. I mean, I have often thought of moving to Santa Monica just to be close to the place.
But there is one guy there I won't play. Richie Rich. I like the guy and will put him in any game. I have played him years ago, ten a game and he would give me shots to shoot. And I would do it again but I haven't had the money to donate for the past few years. I'm not embarrassed to lose to Rich, I just haven't had the money.:sorry
Who do you play to get your game at a higher level, knowing you are donating?:eek:
Obviously we aren't going to have Doc or Wincadona tell us for obvious reasons.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Who do you play to get your game at a higher level, knowing you are donating?

Doesn't work for me. Mostly, I think, a matter of discipline, but when I know I have the worst of it I try to do something "extra" on too many shots, thinking I have to do something special to win. (For some reason I don't have this problem in tournaments even though I have to play the water moccasins even. :D )

I learn the most and play my best in tournaments or when I'm playing a better player but think I have a reasonable chance (doesn't happen unless he's made a mistake matching up. ;) )

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
When I'm in LA and I have a little extra money, I go to the pool room in Santa Monica. House of Billiards:heh
First time I went in I played two of the best players in the house. Because they knew of me, we settled on games that were equal. 11-7, 10-7. I broke even in one and I should have quit the other when I knew I was at the end of my day but who likes breaking even when you can donate?:frus
I have gone back many times to HOF and have sort of found my place in the pecking order. I haven't butted heads with the top dogs again because I can watch them from the rail. They are always in action. I mean, I have often thought of moving to Santa Monica just to be close to the place.
But there is one guy there I won't play. Richie Rich. I like the guy and will put him in any game. I have played him years ago, ten a game and he would give me shots to shoot. And I would do it again but I haven't had the money to donate for the past few years. I'm not embarrassed to lose to Rich, I just haven't had the money.:sorry
Who do you play to get your game at a higher level, knowing you are donating?:eek:
Obviously we aren't going to have Doc or Wincadona tell us for obvious reasons.

The two best players are Rich and Wayne. I have donated to Rich and next trip to LA I'm looking for Wayne:)
So who were the top players you played?:rolleyes: