DaBarber up now

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
This was my first nine ball in about a year. I only played this tournament to get out of the house and because I needed the exercise. My game is way off but it was enjoyable to get out and do something that I like to do.
I was still on the winner side and had a match coming up around midnight when I decided to forfeit my next match. I was starting to play better but my body refused to cooperate. Still on the mend from some surgeries I had recently.
I still could have returned the next day but decided against it.
All in all it was enjoyable to see many of my friends. Maybe I'll play more nine ball as I get stronger but for now it's one pocket.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Frank, a friend of mine has been battling back problems for years and it's funny when he plays 9 ball it really hurts him after 30 mins or so but he can play one pocket for 2-3 hours.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Frank, a friend of mine has been battling back problems for years and it's funny when he plays 9 ball it really hurts him after 30 mins or so but he can play one pocket for 2-3 hours.

I find that to be true for me too. For me, these days, I just need to start an exercise program to get my muscles in shape. The tournament location that we played in last weekend did not have much seating for the players. I had to stand much of the time. They had 140 players so there was a lot of waiting in-between matches.
One pocket is not as demanding as nine ball and one can last a bit longer playing that game.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
This was my first nine ball in about a year. I only played this tournament to get out of the house and because I needed the exercise. My game is way off but it was enjoyable to get out and do something that I like to do.
I was still on the winner side and had a match coming up around midnight when I decided to forfeit my next match. I was starting to play better but my body refused to cooperate. Still on the mend from some surgeries I had recently.
I still could have returned the next day but decided against it.
All in all it was enjoyable to see many of my friends. Maybe I'll play more nine ball as I get stronger but for now it's one pocket.

Glad to see you get out and in some competition. This cold winter and all the rain has my arthritis raging sometimes and my game has suffered. I started playing in the weekly nine ball sometimes to loosen things up and think it has helped, or maybe it is just hitting more balls, but I think my game is coming around a bit.

Those Mezz West tournaments are grueling with over 100 players in them. Hope you can make it up here with Fach and the boys for the West Coast Swing at CA Billiards this summer. That is always a good one and we get to play one pocket with the big boys.