Top 10 bank pool players in the U.S.?

backplaying

Verified Member
Who are the top 10 bank pool players for the cash in the U.S.? I know John is number 1, but was out of pool for almost 20 years and have no Idea about the young players. I have also noticed more players will play banks now.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Who are the top 10 bank pool players for the cash in the U.S.? I know John is number 1, but was out of pool for almost 20 years and have no Idea about the young players. I have also noticed more players will play banks now.

Who are the top 10 for their own cash or for someone elses cash?

SJDinPHX

Suspended

Correction BP...Since I have started playing Bank Pool now, Broombreaker has dropped to #2..:sorry....You are right about one thing though,... the Beard has been pushed off the charts, by all us young guy's. (he's like #397,or so now) :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

SuperBanker Duck <--Bought Johns new DVD, and was playing better than him in 2 weeks...It helps to have a great, young mind..:D

Last edited:

John Brumback

Verified Member
Come on John B. I know your the one to answer this!

I have no clue cause nobody plays full rack and to me,that's the only bank game that counts.It would supprise you to hear my thoughts on this.I can't name 5 top bank players cause I don't think there is.If I do out them it will be by initials only.I'll try to think and come back later.Take care bud.John B.

ps: does it matter to you who's $ they are bettin:eek::lol It don't to me.
pps; some of the biggest high rollers on earth...get staked;) The one's that don't are usually the suckers.If you don't know who the sucker is...It's you;)
Let's stay on topic though from here:cool:

tylerdurden

Verified Member
ps: does it matter to you who's $ they are bettin:eek::lol It don't to me.

You say some of the damn smartest things I hear on this forum consistently. I get so sick of it when people complain, usually after losing, that a guy dont bet his own. There is no action in pool, and a guy can come in and start a bunch of stuff up, then you gotta hear this... he dont play on his own stuff. Gag. Thank you once again for bringing logic into the game of pool :)

John Brumback

Verified Member
You say some of the damn smartest things I hear on this forum consistently. I get so sick of it when people complain, usually after losing, that a guy dont bet his own. There is no action in pool, and a guy can come in and start a bunch of stuff up, then you gotta hear this... he dont play on his own stuff. Gag. Thank you once again for bringing logic into the game of pool :)

TD,your going to give me the big head if you keep sayin them good things..But thanks:lol Yes you better take the action when you get a chance
instead of just standing around mouthing about how they can't and don't and won't bet their own cash,and blah blah.If it weren't for backers in pool there would be no gambling at all hardly.I'm not for sure how I would do bettin my own.I aint never bet much of mine own.Always liked having a good backer with lots of $ and the ones that give me like 60 to 70 %:eek::lol John B.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
ps: does it matter to you who's $ they are bettin

Who are the top 10 for their own cash or for someone elses cash?

I guess both since I'm one of a few who actually bets his own money.

I believe the man answered this question for you already.

As to your other point, I guess we can just assume.

John Brumback said:
I'm not for sure how I would do bettin my own.

Just think John, soon they may have a Bank Forum on the All-Zaniness site and you'll have hundreds if not thousands of people patting you on the back & telling you how witty you are for repeating things that are said in poolrooms everyday. Of course, you still won't be sure how you'd do bettin' your own.

Artie Bodendorfer said:
Thanks a lot He was one of the best men you could gamble with. He was all heart and he might have been number one in betting it all. I dont no anyone else that would do that like he did. And I hope someone brings that up at the hall of fame dinner. That he would bet it all. Money to Jimmy was just something to make the game more interesting. And you can Quoite me on this. Betting your own is like NIGHT and DAY. And if you are one of the top players in the world. Why would you be scared to bet your own money. Thier is only one answer the are scared to loose thier own money. And I am talking about when the had thier own money. The wouldnt bet it and I am telling it like it is its because the are afraid to loose thier own money. And I hope I her some one that wants to tell me the dont have no money. THat makes sense but the wouldnt bet thier own after the made a score. The onlt thing that would make any sense that the werte doing it too trap the backer. Put to be a champion and to be afraid to bet your own money is not a champion. What class would you put them in. Emagine someone not wanting to bet on themselves with all that ability. And the even want backers for the tournament. I would not call them a coward but I sure wouldnt say thier brave.But you can tell Jimmy if he spots me a ball and the breack I will still take a chance and play. And he knowes I havant played for a long long time. Because last time I seen him was one off the few times I left my house. And that was at the Hilton pool Convention. And I miss all those good times playing him. And we could play for 3 days and nobody said one word. It was like playing mum pool. I wish him all the best. And he realy deservies to be thier. Because nobody was better action then Jimmy Spiers.

Maybe while you're having so much fun putting down players who bet their own you'd like to put down AB too?

Cowboy "knows how he does betting his own" Dennis

Last edited:

John Brumback

Verified Member

Just think John, soon they may have a Bank Forum on the All-Zaniness site and you'll have hundreds if not thousands of people patting you on the back & telling you how witty you are for repeating things that are said in poolrooms everyday. Of course, you still won't be sure how you'd do bettin' your own.

Maybe while you're having so much fun putting down players who bet their own you'd like to put down AB too?

Ooohhh touchy today aren't we. Where and how do you read into that,that I ever put anyone down.I really don't understand that one,buddy.But WHATEVER.I think you need a little pat on the back today.:lol John B.

PS,I didn't put you down or anybody else:)

pps: Me and Back Playing are good friends too;)

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Ooohhh touchy today aren't we. Where and how do you read into that,that I ever put anyone down.I really don't understand that one,buddy.But WHATEVER.I think you need a little pat on the back today.:lol John B.

PS,I didn't put you down or anybody else:)

pps: Me and Back Playing are good friends too;)

Dearest CatfishBreath,

Not touchy at all today except I'm getting ready to go in and work 12 hours:(.

When you refer to players who bet their own as suckers then you should expect a response, that's all:). You can get your pats on the back from all the yo-yo's, I give 'em out when deserved:p.

P.S. You & BackPlaying being friends ain't got nuttin' to do with nuttin':sorry.

Damn, just blew out my "spellcheck":D.

Take care John.

Dennis

Banks

Verified Member
From
Portland, OR

Gee, I wonder why the site that you claim to make fun of(but still find time to quote and reference all of the time) has more players and more top players. Maybe it's because there's so much going on over there that it doesn't get derailed by one asshole that knows everything and isn't afraid to tell everybody with a scowl on his face.

You know, I started playing because I needed something to do and somebody asked me if I wanted to join a pool team - APA, of course. I've had the same full-time job since before I started playing 7 1/2 years ago. I've got a car payment and a student loan payment(and a girlfriend). I have no relatives in Oregon, so I have to pay to travel to see them. I've improved by playing almost entirely in a bar, quite a bit just by myself. I've played even all the way up to a couple of the Western BCA Master runner-ups(I'm still a B), though a couple of games I did get a spot and ended up giving it up. Yeah, I bet my own with what little I had. If I didn't have to, I sure as hell wouldn't have. There's a difference between having balls and risking the important things in life.

To come on here and see you nitpicking and just being a jerkoff in general to people gets old. I liked the WWYD stuff, but mostly it devolves into people arguing shot choices that could be just as good either way depending on the execution. Other than that, I've picked up quite a bit of information from AZB since I found it and most of it has come without some no-longer-playing asshole trying to tell me that I don't know shit.

Some day I hope I can afford to get Brumback out here and hook him into a sturgeon, but the funds have been needed elsewhere this year. He's a good guy, is willing to offer advice to schmuck B players like me and just likes to talk pool with a smile on his face. I had kept Freddy's number in my cell phone for a few years, hoping that when my brother lived in Janesville I could get down to Chicago and get some learning on, but I've got a little ways to go and money's needed for that, too. Lots of other good people on here, too. Maybe they could care less for me, I don't know. You are passionate about pool, but you turn into a condescending asshole too often.

Have fun with your little playground. I know that I'll still be seeing all of the other friendly faces over at the other place. Sorry, 1P.org, I've had all I can take.

I'm out.

John Brumback

Verified Member
Dearest CatfishBreath,

Not touchy at all today except I'm getting ready to go in and work 12 hours:(.

When you refer to players who bet their own as suckers then you should expect a response, that's all:). You can get your pats on the back from all the yo-yo's, I give 'em out when deserved:p.

P.S. You & BackPlaying being friends ain't got nuttin' to do with nuttin':sorry.

Damn, just blew out my "spellcheck":D.

Take care John.

Dennis

That's cool.Don't work to hard old buddy:p Hurry back and I'll mess with ya somemore:eek::lol JB

backplaying

Verified Member
I don't think I have ever seen a game where strong ego's come forward as much as pool. When you start getting older like me and several others here, our ego's get even bigger because we can't perform like we once did, and have to dwell on the past. I wouldn't take anything said here on a pool forum personally!

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
That's cool.Don't work to hard old buddy:p Hurry back and I'll mess with ya somemore:eek::lol JB

I'm finally going to shoot some tomorrow, woo hoo:). Do you have any tips? How should I hit a 6' straight-back? I might be on a bartable and I wanna practice my long shots. Maybe with top-right low-left?:p. Actually I'll be playing snooker with a guy from work who loves it since I taught it to him.

Take care CFB.

RBL

John Brumback

Verified Member
I'm finally going to shoot some tomorrow, woo hoo:). Do you have any tips? How should I hit a 6' straight-back? I might be on a bartable and I wanna practice my long shots. Maybe with top-right low-left?:p. Actually I'll be playing snooker with a guy from work who loves it since I taught it to him.

Take care CFB.

RBL

Yes, by the way I have a very good tip for you.Here it is...use an open bridge on every shot.It lets you see the line better which is paramount on the snooker table. I used to play a little 6ball and payball myself. CFB

PS: stay off the funny meds or get checked for adt or adh or whatever that condition is:sorry:lol Hope you play good,I aint never played one game of snooker:frus

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I don't think I have ever seen a game where strong ego's come forward as much as pool. When you start getting older like me and several others here, our ego's get even bigger because we can't perform like we once did, and have to dwell on the past. I wouldn't take anything said here on a pool forum personally!
Good advice :)

New 2 You Qs

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
To keep to the thread topic... here are my picks:

John Brumback
Brian Gregg
Shannon Daulton
Alex Pagulayan
Scott Frost
Jason Miller
Truman Hogue
Efren Reyes
Louis Demarco
Chris Gentile

If keeping to just US players I would add:

SVB and Richie Richeson

John Brumback

Verified Member

John Brumback
Brian Gregg
Shannon Daulton
Alex Pagulayan
Scott Frost
Jason Miller
Truman Hogue
Efren Reyes
Louis Demarco
Chris Gentile

SVB and Richie Richeson

Boy,you keep up with pool,dont ya?:lol That's a good list.Just wondering if that's in your picked order or did you just toss them up there? Doesn't matter just curious. John B.

PS: I hope to get to play golf with you guys before the season is over.I'll just need 5 or 6 a side:eek: Gots lots of aches and pains:lol

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

John Brumback
Brian Gregg
Shannon Daulton
Alex Pagulayan
Scott Frost
Jason Miller
Truman Hogue
Efren Reyes
Louis Demarco
Chris Gentile

SVB and Richie Richeson
I'm not a bank pool enthusiast but I wouldn't leave Justin Hall out of the top three players on anyone's list.

Dr. Bill