Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2013, 12:11 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by androd View Post
That's because they don't play in leagues or tournaments, where all the hackers carry rule books with them.
Many play it's a foul now, as I'm always gambling I play fouls on the CB only.
Rod.
P.S. I know I'm old, but many of the newer rules seem stupid and a recipe for trouble. I.E That ball was gonna come across here and it woulda hit that ob that was touched (maybe).
Oh, you mean when some old timer massages a few ball on his stroke, then shoots. A little stick English
Old 06-24-2013, 12:25 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtompilot View Post
Oh, you mean when some old timer massages a few ball on his stroke, then shoots. A little stick English
Works for me.
Rod.
P.S. If it's an old timer, I sure he didn't mean to do it .
Old 06-24-2013, 12:32 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Early in my playing days I studied straight pool and we didn't play that hanky panky BS make up your own rules crap.

You knock a ball of the table, that's a foul. A little stick or hand English, that's a foul.

When I moved to Detroit and started learning 1P, I realized the 1P players had their own rules. Wedge the CB into the facing, jump balls of the table, maybe a few others I don't remember.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:39 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Early in my playing days I studied straight pool and we didn't play that hanky panky BS make up your own rules crap.

You knock a ball of the table, that's a foul. A little stick or hand English, that's a foul.

When I moved to Detroit and started learning 1P, I realized the 1P players had their own rules. Wedge the CB into the facing, jump balls of the table, maybe a few others I don't remember.
I saw two road hustlers from back east playing 100 points of straight pool, to see who did the laundry. Only straight pool I saw for many years.
Rod.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:04 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
That's because they don't play in leagues or tournaments, where all the hackers carry rule books with them.
Many play it's a foul now, as I'm always gambling I play fouls on the CB only.
Rod.
P.S. I know I'm old, but many of the newer rules seem stupid and a recipe for trouble. I.E That ball was gonna come across here and it woulda hit that ob that was touched (maybe).
I'm with you, Rod. If these league players ever start playing one pocket, it won't be long before they'll let the jump cue in.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:42 PM
Suspended

Quote:
I saw two road hustlers from back east playing 100 points of straight pool, to see who did the laundry. Only straight pool I saw for many years.
Rod.
Damn Rod, only 100 points? When they were playing here for seeing who did the laundry they played 14.1 to 150 points AND a race to 25 pts. at 3-Cushion Billiards.

In truth, I did see one decent 14.1 match-up for a few bucks once. JR Gay was playing Richie Richeson. I don't remember the points they were playing to but RR ran 94 balls. It was the worst-run 94 balls in history and Willie Mosconi probably would've killed himself if he'd seen it but it was still a 94 ball run. Richie lost the game. 14.1 is sometimes knowing when to play a safety rather than shoot a tough shot, somewhat like One-Pocket.

14.1 is a great game and I'm very happy that I quit playing it before I got to my upper speed. I don't think I ever ran more than 30 or 40 balls.

RBL

Tags
foul, jumped ball, one pocket rules