Bob Ogburn wins Super Seniors

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Bob double dipped Billy Incardona to win it. They both agreed to a race to two after Bob won the first race to four. Bob just kept picking up steam as the tournament went on and outlasted all of us.

Thank you to Bogies for another great tournament.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Congrats Bob on the win!

Great job Dr. Bill and Hendy for great finishes as well!

Edit: by the way, did anyone get any pics from the event to post?

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
congrats to bob for winning
beating billy twice in a row is not easy
congrats to billy for coming in second and a well played tourney
and congrats to last years champ john H for coming in third
well done guys
:)

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Congrats Bob on the win!

Great job Dr. Bill and Hendy for great finishes as well!

Edit: by the way, did anyone get any pics from the event to post?

Mary Kenniston took quite a few. She will email to me and I will post. Probably will be a day or two.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Mary Kenniston took quite a few. She will email to me and I will post. Probably will be a day or two.

Cool, thanks John!

I was enjoying your commentating during the finals and the banter you and Mary had back and forth...I wish I could have stayed up and watched the end of it.

I may have missed this in another thread but did Bill say the videos would be available to watch or download afterwards or no?

Thanks again!

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Cool, thanks John!

I was enjoying your commentating during the finals and the banter you and Mary had back and forth...I wish I could have stayed up and watched the end of it.

I may have missed this in another thread but did Bill say the videos would be available to watch or download afterwards or no?

Thanks again!

They had to do a lot of last minute scrambling to get a good clear stream. Thanks to Goldy((Zach Goldsmith) for his help or it may have been without commentary. I will check with Bill but it may not have been recorded.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Bob started the tournament pretty shaky, but got stronger with every match. I suspect he might not have been playing much lately, and played himself into stroke.

Bob and I had fun reminiscing our days in Kansas City. We seemed to know all of the same players, gamblers and Tush Hogs in the late '60s, early '70s.

RedCard

Verified Member
Great tournament to watch. Any of the top 3 finishers could have won it. Commentary during the final matches was excellent. Bob Ogburn is a warhorse. I believe he was doing some light dancing when the music suited him.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
Bob double dipped Billy Incardona to win it. They both agreed to a race to two after Bob won the first race to four. Bob just kept picking up steam as the tournament went on and outlasted all of us.

Thank you to Bogies for another great tournament.

Congratulations to Bob for finishing so strong. I only got to see him play for about the first game & a half against John and he looked like he was playing very solid pool.

I saw John and Billy's hot seat match and thought it was of the highest quality. Congrats to those two as well.

Dave

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
last three

last three

Watched quite a bit of the last 4 sets. All 3 of the gentleman shot very well and should be congratulated for their strong play. Very impressive!

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Is Bob on the forums here? If so I don't recall his user ID. Curious to see some of his shot selections in our WWYD's...

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Those guys are still great players!!!

Those guys are still great players!!!

The final four were the best players in the tournament, and anyone of them could have won... At 70 + years old, I think they showed how well they can still play the game and with just a little imagination, I believe anyone who watched them play could see how great they used to be... Awesome display of knowledge with some brilliant moves and traps... All of the finalists had excellent CB control and all of them could come with the tough shots when needed. They all ran balls well and were capable of running 8 and out if left an opportunity.

I had a great time playing in the tournament and then a pressure free day Sunday just enjoying the finals... Congratulations to the top 4 finishers and a big Thanks to Bogies Billiards and Sports Bar for being such a great host again...

I'd like to say a few words about the other players who came, paid their entry fees, motel bills, air fare, car rental fees, food and other related expenses...
You are the best!!! Even though some of you know that you have no chance of winning this event, you came and you played your hearts out trying to win every game you played... That tells me what you are made of, and how you have lived your life... Thanks guys, you're solid gold in my book, and it's a pleasure to know y'all... You are the best!!! :)

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
The final four were the best players in the tournament, and anyone of them could have won... At 70 + years old, I think they showed how well they can still play the game and with just a little imagination, I believe anyone who watched them play could see how great they used to be... Awesome display of knowledge with some brilliant moves and traps... All of the finalists had excellent CB control and all of them could come with the tough shots when needed. They all ran balls well and were capable of running 8 and out if left an opportunity.

I had a great time playing in the tournament and then a pressure free day Sunday just enjoying the finals... Congratulations to the top 4 finishers and a big Thanks to Bogies Billiards and Sports Bar for being such a great host again...

I'd like to say a few words about the other players who came, paid their entry fees, motel bills, air fare, car rental fees, food and other related expenses...
You are the best!!! Even though some of you know that you have no chance of winning this event, you came and you played your hearts out trying to win every game you played... That tells me what you are made of, and how you have lived your life... Thanks guys, you're solid gold in my book, and it's a pleasure to know y'all... You are the best!!! :)

Well said, Jeff. You are one class act.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri

Absolutely the finest bunch of guys I've ever had the pleasure of spending time with in 71 years, and I'm glad to be able to add David Richardson to the list.

If 'Da Barber had been there and we could have talked Rod into playing, it would have been perfect!

Oh, BTW, in case you're ever in Bogies. There's a young Houston lady --very nice, a good player and a good friend of Bob Ogburn -- who....... uh......... um...

Remember I warned you guys that if you have dinner plans not to tell FastEddie "Good Morning"? That young lady -- "Ming" is her name -- made fast Eddie run to Walgreens looking for a set of ear plugs. :D

She wants to learn 1P so I told her she had to come on here. Ming, if you're readin' this, I love ya. Just teasin'. You do know how to make people comfortable by keepin' a conversation goin'.

Bob Ogburn and Don Steele were our Newbies along with Phil Martin who turned 70 this year (he played in our get-together at Lacy's.) Three good additions to our crew.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
LS John

LS John

Long Stroking John brought his A game to this one. Made the $$ and gave James Christopher all he wanted, going ahead two/zip before James won it hill/hill.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Long Stroking John brought his A game to this one. Made the $$ and gave James Christopher all he wanted, going ahead two/zip before James won it hill/hill.

Thanks, Champ, but like I told Phil Martin, that was the other John. That guy shows up about once a year. But it's true, I had my best for this one. What a thrill that the Fates chose this time to bless me with my 1% game.

Now, if I could manage to play 99 times between now and April, I might be ready for the Senior Shoot-out. :)