Hard times 1p - Hendy playing now

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I lost the hot seat match to Amar Kang, won my next match and lost to Amar again.

Played pretty good most of the day. Sweated a little $500 a game action between two of the locals when I was not playing.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Hard times 1p - Hendy playing now

Yeah. Good shooting. There was a turn in the first game where he had you a bit tied up with a ball by his hole. You fired a cross corner bank fearlessly and ran 4 I think. It was Very impressive.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I split the other Hard Times tournament with Wayne.

Congratulations. I know you always do well against Wayne, so he might have made a wise decision. I tried to get Amar to split, and take a little the worst of it money wise, but since he was a strong favorite (Gives me 10/7 gambling) he was not in any hurry to get the extra cash.

We had 24 players, down quite a few from the last couple months, but there was a NorCal nine ball tournament in San Francisco going on and that cost us quite a few players.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Congratulations. I know you always do well against Wayne, so he might have made a wise decision. I tried to get Amar to split, and take a little the worst of it money wise, but since he was a strong favorite (Gives me 10/7 gambling) he was not in any hurry to get the extra cash.

We had 24 players, down quite a few from the last couple months, but there was a NorCal nine ball tournament in San Francisco going on and that cost us quite a few players.

Wayne was playkng strong and had won the hot seat. It was a mutual aggrement not to play. It was getting late. Now I'm at home nursing a cold. I hope to be ready for next weekend at Fremont. Are you going.
P.S. In the finals the last six visits there.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Wayne was playkng strong and had won the hot seat. It was a mutual aggrement not to play. It was getting late. Now I'm at home nursing a cold. I hope to be ready for next weekend at Fremont. Are you going.
P.S. In the finals the last six visits there.

Yes I will be at CA Billiards in Fremont. I will go Friday afternoon and we usually play a little ring golf on the 6 x 12. Will be a tough one pocket tournament. I understand John Schmidt will be there.

Hard Times Carla

Verified Member
Frank the Barber My Hero

Frank the Barber My Hero

Frank, watching you play is a great lesson in skill, patience and determination. After 8 hours of play on Sunday, you were in a match with Northern California Walt. He needed two balls to win the set, you needed 7. All the balls were up table in clumps.

I know you had to be tired. But you flawless safeties, leaving him nothing. Finally, you worked him around to where you got a shot to bank a ball near your hole, and leave him behind a clump of three balls up table. Instead of nudging off a ball, he went for a backwards cut, and you ran three. Now it was 6-4, his favor, but you had new life. You finally out played him and won the game and the set and went on to play the semi-finals to get to the finals.

Thanks for the lesson. From the bleachers at Hard Times Bellflower -we are lucky to have you to watch.

Carla

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Frank, watching you play is a great lesson in skill, patience and determination. After 8 hours of play on Sunday, you were in a match with Northern California Walt. He needed two balls to win the set, you needed 7. All the balls were up table in clumps.

I know you had to be tired. But you flawless safeties, leaving him nothing. Finally, you worked him around to where you got a shot to bank a ball near your hole, and leave him behind a clump of three balls up table. Instead of nudging off a ball, he went for a backwards cut, and you ran three. Now it was 6-4, his favor, but you had new life. You finally out played him and won the game and the set and went on to play the semi-finals to get to the finals.

Thanks for the lesson. From the bleachers at Hard Times Bellflower -we are lucky to have you to watch.

Carla

Carla, it's nice to hear encouraging words from someone that knows and understands the game like you do. I'm still learning the game but wish that I had the physical skills from years ago. I sometimes feel like I should be more aggressive at times but my better judgment holds me back. Maybe at my age it's the wiser thing to try to stay within my limitations and hold the horses back at bit. One pocket is indeed a beautiful game.