Jeremy Jones vs. Efren Reyes 2009 D.C.C.#7

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
JJ is up 3-0 this game and it's Efren's shot, what would you do?

Effie has the lower right-hand pocket as you view the pics.

I labeled the ball #'s for the YJ impaired:).

CapturedPicture_2.Jpeg

CapturedPicture_3.Jpeg

Ball Numbers.jpg

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
I dont....

I dont....

.....want to break up his 4-8-6 as its blocking his pocket so I dont want to shoot off the 13 or 15.I hate to shoot off my 9 ball but I am.Either softly off the lower side and go down towards my pocket or thin off the top side and go 2 rails and leave whitey up high hopefully on the rail where all he has is the 7 or a safe.I dont see where I can take a scratch....thanks for nothing......cheers,James

ace

Verified Member
From
Longview, Tx
This looks like an Efren move to me.....

Attachments

• Jeremy Jones vs. Efren Reyes 2009 D.C.C.#7 - OnePocket.jpg
    Jeremy Jones vs. Efren Reyes 2009 D.C.C.#7 - OnePocket.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 0

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I would move the furniture - violently. I would drive the 13 ball into the 4 ball and the black ball without a number, and park the stone right on the foot spot. I'm pretty sure this is a good idea. I believe this will cut JJ off without a cent, and cause him to scratch his head. :D

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
very creative.

very creative.

I would move the furniture - violently. I would drive the 13 ball into the 4 ball and the black ball without a number, and park the stone right on the foot spot. I'm pretty sure this is a good idea. I believe this will cut JJ off without a cent, and cause him to scratch his head. :D

This shot can actually work, yes, I like it. Cue ball control is at an all time premium, ;) lets do it.:D

Billy I.

ChrisBanks

Verified Member
From
Rochester, NY
Down 3-0 and with the balls favoring JJ, I think you're supposed to be aggressive, but I don't see an aggressive shot worth playing.

So I would thin off the 9 on my side, and bring the cueball behind the 6. This will protect my 9. JJ won't have any offensive shot, and he won't be able to move anything to his side.

z1.jpg

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Don't care for anything presented thus far...

Don't care for anything presented thus far...

Looks to me like Effie has a very playable double bank on the 9, (just barely missing the 6, on the bottom side) while shipping the cue ball uptable, near the right hand pocket....Who plays double banks better than Efren ? If he makes it, could be a real game changer...Second choice, (if the 9 won't 2 rail)....Vapros shot..!

Last edited:

bstroud

Verified Member
I see lots of shots here. It just depends on how aggressive you think you need to be.

The most aggressive would probably be the 13 into the edge of the 14into the 4 and 8 ball and the cue ball into the 7 ball. The 4 will take out the 6 but the 13 may leave a shot for JJ.

The problem with the shot is the score. This shot will produce more of a up table game so may not be the best choice.

Thin off the 9 ball leaves all the balls playable so may be the best shot.

Another shot is the 13 into the 4 and 8 and stick the cue ball on the 14. Not as aggressive but it leaves the balls in a better place.

Bill S.

Last edited:

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA

I would definitely shoot this shot trying to leave the cue ball froze to the ten ball.

Get all those balls out of there. (you are relying on the pool gods a little--> hoping a ball doesn't get knocked into the stack undoing your frozen rock)

This might leave a bank on the 9 but If you get a good roll It might not be shootable if something ended up on your side.

Dud

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I would definitely shoot this shot trying to leave the cue ball froze to the ten ball.

Dud

Dudley,

Just how many bottles did SJD promise you if you wrote that you'd freeze the cueball to a ball that seems to be on the head rail (maybe)?:D He'll stiff you ya know:eek:.

Efren shot (under much control) this shot:

ER's Shot.jpg

Leaving Jeremy here:

CapturedPicture_3.Jpeg
CapturedPicture_2.Jpeg

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Dudley,

Just how many bottles did SJD promise you if you wrote that you'd freeze the cueball to a ball that seems to be on the head rail (maybe)?:D He'll stiff you ya know:eek:.

Efren shot (under much control) this shot:

View attachment 4940

Leaving Jeremy here:

View attachment 4941
View attachment 4942

Reyes shot Vapro's shot, but a more controlled version of it. He played 90% cue ball and moved the pink ball to his side. Can't argue with his shot choice, especially considering where he placed the cue ball. If the angle would of favored moving more balls with the shot, i'm sure he would of done that but he took what the table suggested was available.

Billy I.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Reyes shot Vapro's shot, but a more controlled version of it. He played 90% cue ball and moved the pink ball to his side. Can't argue with his shot choice, especially considering where he placed the cue ball. If the angle would of favored moving more balls with the shot, i'm sure he would of done that but he took what the table suggested was available.

Billy I.

Seems that was one of the shots Billy S liked. :eek:

bstroud

Verified Member
He didn't execute it very well. JJ can now bank the 9 into the correct side of the 10 ball and bury Reyes up on the end rail.

Really a lost opportunity on his part.

Bill S.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
He didn't execute it very well. JJ can now bank the 9 into the correct side of the 10 ball and bury Reyes up on the end rail.

Really a lost opportunity on his part.

Bill S.
I don't think Jeremy can afford to put Reyes up table and give him a shot on the 4 ball with an angle to do some damage. Jeremy has the lead and the best position, so the prudent thing to do would be to protect it. I would bank the 9 ball to my side and position the cue ball on the side rail 1-1/2 diamonds up from Reyes pocket forcing Reyes to play carefully.

Billy I.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
I don't think Jeremy can afford to put Reyes up table and give him a shot on the 4 ball with an angle to do some damage. Jeremy has the lead and the best position, so the prudent thing to do would be to protect it. I would bank the 9 ball to my side and position the cue ball on the side rail 1-1/2 diamonds up from Reyes pocket forcing Reyes to play carefully.

Billy I.

Sorry Efren fans...Efren made an unforced error...No one (especially him) should have shot ANY shot, that allowed JJ to even HIT the 9 ball. (unless he was digging it out of Efren's hole) The 2 railer on the 9 (with good pocket speed) was the right shot. If it goes...major turn around, if it don't...JJ is NOT going to shoot the 7 ball, from the end rail...I would like to see how this game progressed from this point..Right now, it is "advantage JJ" and Jeremy is very good at NOT giving up the advantage
But then, armchair quarterbacking is always easy...I remember once (in 1963) I MYSELF, actually shot the wrong shot...:eek:

(I even remember seeing Doctor Bill overlook TWO shots, in the last 30 years.. (but only when he was busy commentating)..:D

Last edited:

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Sorry Efren fans...Efren made an unforced error...No one (especially him) should have shot ANY shot, that allowed JJ to even HIT the 9 ball. (unless he was digging it out of Efren's hole) The 2 railer on the 9 (with good pocket speed) was the right shot. If it goes...major turn around, if it don't...JJ is NOT going to shoot the 7 ball, from the end rail...I would like to see how this game progressed from this point..Right now, it is "advantage JJ" and Jeremy is very good at NOT giving up the advantage
But then, armchair quarterbacking is always easy...I remember once (in 1963) I MYSELF, actually shot the wrong shot...:eek:

(I even remember seeing Doctor Bill overlook TWO shots, in the last 30 years.. (but only when he was busy commentating)..:D

This is one of the few times I dont agree with you. I feel the 7 would be very shootable, especially if the double bank ends on the end rail (likely if missed).

I personally liked simple here, and wait. Chris banks' shot appealed to me. But maybe that's why i'd get at least 9 to 6 from all you guys :)

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

Dick, J.J. has the lead, and he will not be shooting the 7 ball, Reyes will, and instead of JJ digging the 9 ball out of Reyes pocket, you'll be digging your cash out of your pocket if you give Reyes that shot.:lol

Dr. Bill