S.Daulton vs. R. Martinez 2001 D.C.C.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
He'll use the one or the 14 and put whitey safe coming forward....can't say for sure of his choices, but they are sitting good for his swing. SD likes this type of roll em move safe em hit em full type of shot and walk whitey to his safe spot, wherever he has chosen.

bstroud

Verified Member
He can masse into the 3 ball and put the cue ball on the end rail.

If the billiard on the 2 ball is on he can shoot it and play position on the 3 ball.

Lots of shots.

Bill S.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I don't see anything I like. If I were a Filipino I would feather the 3 and go two rails and snug up behind the 8 . . . but I'm not, so I would drive the 1 into the 5 with enough speed to move several of the balls around Shannon's pocket, and hide the cb behind the 7 and 13, and wait for a better shot.

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
It looks like he can kick between the 2 and the 4 two rails and freeze the cue ball on the 8 ball. keith

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
How about trying to freeze the cueball on the 7 and 13, taking a scratch. What would be the reply to that shot?

The big problem with this idea is that what you are doing is taking a scratch to place the cue ball right where your opponent would be trying to put it -- but you are doing it for him! If I were him I would take a scratch back, or possibly he might even lightly push open the balls on his side a little while scratching back. Anyway, it only gets worse for you.

I like skimming the 3 if it looks do-able at the table, but on the screen it looks like too tough to hit that thin. So taking a scratch by kicking two rails to behind the 8-ball. Or possibly kicking the long way right about the center of the head rail and back down behind the 2-ball lightly with a ticky -- intending to end up behind those balls (but there are things that could go wrong with this, lol)

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
He can masse into the 3 ball and put the cue ball on the end rail.

If the billiard on the 2 ball is on he can shoot it and play position on the 3 ball.

Lots of shots.

Bill S.
I like your shot with the billiard, providing it lays good, especially if you can roll it.If this shot is positioned in the roll position, Martinez becomes the favorite in the game. I also like thinning the 3 ball and dropping near the pocket near the rail, if neither of these shots are available then i'm looking to take an intentional up table, top left corner.

By the way Bill, it's the 4 ball, not the 2 ball, the billiard option.

Dr. Bill

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Rafa could use low r/h draw and pinch the bank the one/fourteen combo while trying to pocket or overcut the six....the tangent line off the six for whitey on a overhit also looks good for safe, RM could run out from here.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Rafael

Rafael

Having played him many times, I can see him loading up the cue ball, kicking two rails behind the eight and taking out the eight and the two (with the cue ball), getting balls on his side and completely turning the break around.

bstroud

Verified Member
Dr. Bill,

Thanks. It IS the 4 ball.

If it's on I like it because it is a more aggressive to gain control of the game.

Most of the other shots offered will probably end up in a loss of game.

Like you, if the shot is not there, I am sending the cue ball as far away as possible.

Bill S.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Having played him many times, I can see him loading up the cue ball, kicking two rails behind the eight and taking out the eight and the two (with the cue ball), getting balls on his side and completely turning the break around.

Yep, that's the shot I like ! :D
Rod.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Looks like an Artie shot, mistake free one pocket.:D :eek: I don't think he can hit deep enough to execute that shot, maybe a good thing considering how easily he can go around the 2 ball and possibly sell out a shot on the 2 ball or the 11 ball. But maybe not.:)

Dr. Bill

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado

That's a R.Allen shot....minimum. You could come off the long rail while kicking out the upper ball and lay whitey in the stack.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I'm with the doctor. I can't see kicking two rails into the 8 ball. When you mention loading up the cb, I assume you meant outside spin.?? Might get a little piece of it.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
jrhendy said:
androd said:
Yep, that's the shot I like !
Rod.

I don't know about you two guys:D.

Gophers_Are_Here.jpg