ok jeff shot a great shot
left tom in a pickle
its toms shot now
wwyd??
jw13.jpg

Last edited:

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
I'm jacking up and hit rail first to make Jeff's ball and draw back to bottom rail.

1pwannabe

Verified Member
You take a scratch here, pushing the cue ball so that he can't make the combo. He takes a scratch, you take another scratch, he takes another, then you shoot the highest % shot from there, maybe the 1 rail kick, depends on what you can see.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
jeff sparks vs tom wirth #2

You take a scratch here, pushing the cue ball so that he can't make the combo. He takes a scratch, you take another scratch, he takes another, then you shoot the highest % shot from there, maybe the 1 rail kick, depends on what you can see.

This was my thought also. No question.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Larry did you skip over what I did to prevent Jeff from having an open shot after he left me sowed up? It looks like I must have shot the 6 - 7 combo but I also must have moved the white stone pretty sporty to keep Jeff hooked with no shot. How did he get the cue ball on that striped ball? He didn't take a foul because the score remained the same and there is still only one ball on the spot.

Tom

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Larry did you skip over what I did to prevent Jeff from having an open shot after he left me sowed up? It looks like I must have shot the 6 - 7 combo but I also must have moved the white stone pretty sporty to keep Jeff hooked with no shot. How did he get the cue ball on that striped ball? He didn't take a foul because the score remained the same and there is still only one ball on the spot.

Tom

i blew this one tom

my bad
here is how jeff left him
jw3.jpg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
from there tom shot this
BRILLIANT...:)
leaving jeff as shown
jeff got up 7-3 in this game but tom grinded his way back to win this game
cant put a smiley face cause i dont want to offend jeff and pick sides..:D
jw12.jpg

jw13.jpg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

Tom

i am on probation from john for showing a kick instead of a double kiss
i guess i need alot of hail marie's for this
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Okay Probationary kid, So I left Jeff tied up on the striped ball and he somehow returned the favor. How did he do that without taking a foul? I don't see that he moved anything following my shot. Sorry, Now that you brought it up I'm just trying to recall this sequence of events. I'm usually pretty good with this stuff but not this time.

Anyway, Jeff must have made a great shot for where I left him. Tough Hombre.

Tom

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri

Probably the right shot. I would have shot FastEddie's shot, taking care to hit the long rail first. Now I'm not sure.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Okay Probationary kid, So I left Jeff tied up on the striped ball and he somehow returned the favor. How did he do that without taking a foul? I don't see that he moved anything following my shot. Sorry, Now that you brought it up I'm just trying to recall this sequence of events. I'm usually pretty good with this stuff but not this time.

Anyway, Jeff must have made a great shot for where I left him. Tough Hombre.

Tom
jeff tried to make his hanging ball
but overcut the stripe
he left you here
for the record
john the the ball the cue ball hit going across is noy accurate where it went
it hit another ball
jw14.jpg

jw15.jpg

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
So Larry, the position you showed with the cue ball nestled on the striped ball was Jeff's shot, not mine?
Oh, I see where you made the correction, Jeff's shot. Missed it the first time.
Some things are just so traumatic that the brain suppresses the memory.
Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse...... At least I'm out of this immediate trap, but what's in store for me down the road? I can't look!!!!

What did Keith say in The Color of Money? "It's like a nightmare."

Tom

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
i am on probation from john for showing a kick instead of a double kiss
i guess i need alot of hail marie's for this
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Is there such a thing as double probation?

Oh, I know now. That's what the old dunce cap represented. :heh (But you don't have to sit in the corner, just wear the hat in New Orleans. :D :D :D )

baby huey

Verified Member
I remember watching Tom and Jeff playing their match in Houston. I was very impressed with both of their shot selections. They both play a very different style of one pocket. They make one pocket fun to watch. Jeff is very aggressive and Tom plays a more intuitive control game. Both styles have their merits and in this wwyd situation, Jeff really came up with a doozy. Because Jeff is such a great ball striker, I think that he will become a very good one pocket player soon. Tom is already a great player in his own right.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
I remember watching Tom and Jeff playing their match in Houston. I was very impressed with both of their shot selections. They both play a very different style of one pocket. They make one pocket fun to watch. Jeff is very aggressive and Tom plays a more intuitive control game. Both styles have their merits and in this wwyd situation, Jeff really came up with a doozy. Because Jeff is such a great ball striker, I think that he will become a very good one pocket player soon. Tom is already a great player in his own right.

Jerry, I told Jeff the same thing. Jeff is not only a great ball striker, he also has wonderful control of the cue ball and a vivid imagination for the game. I hope he continues developing his interest in One Pocket. Looks like he will.

Tom

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Jerry, I told Jeff the same thing. Jeff is not only a great ball striker, he also has wonderful control of the cue ball and a vivid imagination for the game. I hope he continues developing his interest in One Pocket. Looks like he will.

Tom

Amen! to all that.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Amen! to all that.

Tom

I was in with Jeff yesterday, he's beginning to play painfully slow.
It doesn't seem to hurt his game. He and I were the only two bothered by slower play, now he's gone over to the other side. :):p

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
I was in with Jeff yesterday, he's beginning to play painfully slow.
It doesn't seem to hurt his game. He and I were the only two bothered by slower play, now he's gone over to the other side. :):p

All I can say is, I'm guilty... :rolleyes:
I take a little more time now, I kinda like being the trapper instead of the trapee...

Hey,
We won didn't we... :)
QYBAin :):)