Players meeting & ideas

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
john is an excellent choice for a TD
:)

Depends on how much he has had to drink:D

Seriously, although John is capable, I'm sure that he wants to socialize as much as the rest of us and it will be a handful being TD. If Lacey's has someone available, why not let them? We can probably contribute a TD fee.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
Are the races going to be 3/2? The matches should be scheduled every two hours. Races to two, 90 minutes. I haven't figured the times, but starting at 10:00 it should move right along.

~Doc

i've got it figured out..... assuming a 32 man event, 3/2 imo is the way to go.

this will work with 15 tables on saturday (things pick up after second round games/remember there will be straggler games first two rounds...)

SAT
10 AM - first games
1 PM - second round games
4 PM - loser's bracket games
5 PM - winner's bracket games
6 PM - loser's bracket games
8 PM - winner's and loser's bracket games
10 PM - loser's bracket games

SUN
10 AM - loser's bracket games
12 PM - loser's bracket game and hot seat
3 PM - loser's bracket final
5 PM - final
(will most likely be able to expedite sun bracket schedule)

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area

this will work with 15 tables on saturday (things pick up after second round games/remember there will be straggler games first two rounds...)

SAT
10 AM - first games

SUN
5 PM - final

minus room expenditures, i'd recommend following pay outs...
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th and 5th place tie

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
Depends on how much he has had to drink:D

Seriously, although John is capable, I'm sure that he wants to socialize as much as the rest of us and it will be a handful being TD. If Lacey's has someone available, why not let them? We can probably contribute a TD fee.

doc says the owner doesn't want to mess with it.

my main man john has done such a good job herding cats and getting this thing into fruition, he should do it if he wants....

;)

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX

SAT
10 AM - first games

SUN
5 PM - final

That's such a tight schedule. Especially Sunday. Even a race to 2 losers bracket on Sunday will be hard fought and can run 2.5-3 hrs each easy. Cory and I played 3 games last night and it took about 2 hrs, but the later rounds on Sunday can take longer.

Last edited:

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
That's such a tight schedule. Especially Sunday. Even a race to 2 losers bracket on Sunday will be hard fought and can run 2.5 a 3 hrs each easy.

i'm going to get it to john, and i can massage the times at his direction a little bit if necessary. you're probably right about sunday's games ;).

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans

SAT
10 AM - first games

SUN
5 PM - final

I will take this schedule to Lacys next week and talk to Frank the owner

Last edited:

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
That's such a tight schedule. Especially Sunday. Even a race to 2 losers bracket on Sunday will be hard fought and can run 2.5-3 hrs each easy. Cory and I played 3 games last night and it took about 2 hrs, but the later rounds on Sunday can take longer.

You guys get a shot clock:sorry

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I'm willing to take any role that will help, but I think any inexperienced TD needs a designated assistant.

I'd recommend Miller for the first hour, and ANYONE else after that. :D

If NHSteve manages to come, he'd be the best choice for TD, but I would be glad to assist. Also, if DC Cory is able to come, he has lots of experience, so if he's willing, his help would be valuable.

To move things along, I think we could take matches in order (from the top of the bracket sheet) on first-table-available basis.

To be clear, I'm not refusing TD role, just suggesting that others are better qualified.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
I'm willing to take any role that will help, but I think any inexperienced TD needs a designated assistant.

If NHSteve manages to come, he'd be the best choice for TD, but I would be glad to assist. Also, if DC Cory is able to come, he has lots of experience, so if he's willing, his help would be valuable.

To move things along, I think we could take matches in order (from the top of the bracket sheet) on first-table-available basis.

To be clear, I'm not refusing TD role, just suggesting that others are better qualified.

you're TD hoss. others will have to pitch in as necessary. jim is gonna get us those 15 tables for saturday and we'll cover frank's nut.

you'll have a proposed bracket/schedule next week.

;):)

Cory in dc

Verified Member

Happy to help if I'm there, which I fully hope to be! In the meantime, don't go top to bottom, go slower to faster. You want to put the movers and thinkers up before the go-offs.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
The last time I was put in charge of anything, three of us went to jail and the fourth one bought a house for a stripper. :eek:

You don't even want to know the details of that clusterf**k. I had to rat out my sister to keep from doin' time. (At least she got a house out of it.)

Remember when you went to that pool tournament and they had your reservations messed up? Anyway, somebody recorded it and put it on the tube yesterday. Count how many things you threw. Be ashamed...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYNngr5pLIM

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Engineered to meet Specs/Sparks

Engineered to meet Specs/Sparks

I'm okay with no Calcutta.

Whole ball must be past the headstring to be legal on a scratch.

Not a fan of rerack when making ball on the break. What's wrong with playing it like its been for hunnert years? These new kids are whiners if they can't live with that.

Crawfish are mighty tasty NO style and take less work than crabs to get into.

How bout let's hear from West coasters themselves if Friday play is deal breaker or not.

Disco Dave gets a game on the wire from everyone (or Break and BIH). :heh

Does it play a ton?

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Things I favor...
A 3/2 true double elimination...
Touching the line is in...
Ball on the break... Rerack
Move more than one ball... Foul
Flip for the 1st break...
No shot clock... But a friendly nudge by TD
No matches started after 9:00 PM...
No Calcutta...
$30.00 green fees...
Dinner together 6:30 to 8:00...
Meeting all the members and having a good time :)

Beating Hacker... :):):). 1 game....:D