One Pocket In JUNE

SactownTom

From
Sacramento CA
Just got the dates for the 7th Annual Hard Times Billiards Jamboree.
June 14th thru the 19th, 2005

This year's event will be AFTER the Reno Pro event.

The One Pocket event will be the 14th thru the 16th. $5,000 added
$100 entry fee if paid prior to June 1st, $125 after.
Players meeting June 14th at 11am, 1st round starts at Noon.

RV hookups will be offered for the first time for a small fee.
There will be a 'challenge' table for all comers available 24x7.

Also there will be a 'Ring' game for the first 6 players that come up with $600. The house will add another $400 to make the payoff $4000 for the winner take all event. Last year's winner was John Schmidt. Santo, Jose Parica, Jamito, Tony Chohan and Scott Frost were the other 5 players. Last two standing were Frost and Schmidt.

Billiy Palmer won the One Pocket event beating Scott Frost 4-1 in the finals.
Mike Massey won the 9 Ball event beating Mike Davis 11-8 in the finals.

yobagua

I will be there! You know you should get someone to tape the matches for those that cant make it. One year my buddy JJ went up there and got some great matches on tape. Efren and Busta and Alex. As under produced as it was (one camera), it was fascinating.

Lunchmoney

Verified Member
From
Washington State
I am going to make every effort to be there too. I am going to the Reno Open and, finances allowing, I will make the trip to Sacramento afterwards. I already have time off from work, now it just boils down to how much cash I have in my pocket after Reno.

Lunchmoney

Wayne

Verified Member
yobagua said:
I will be there! You know you should get someone to tape the matches for those that cant make it. One year my buddy JJ went up there and got some great matches on tape. Efren and Busta and Alex. As under produced as it was (one camera), it was fascinating.

I saw part of the Efren and Bustamante match over at JJ's. He is including part of it on his one-pocket highlight CD. Efren was ahead 3-1 and played a safety, Bustamante made an incredible back cut and ran 9 and out (he owed 1) then he broke and made one on the break and ran 8 and out (17 balls in a row without letting Efren back to the table). Of course now it is 3-3 and Efren runs 8 and out to win it. I think 6 out of 7 games were 8 and out (including the 9 and out mentioned) and the whole match of 7 games takes something like 40 minutes. Unreal.

Wayne

yobagua

Bang, Bang, Bang!

Bang, Bang, Bang!

up there you get Billy Palmer, Tony Chohan, Scott Frost, and Amar Kang in the finals you blink and you might miss the whole shebang. I guess thats what they call the West Coast style. Fast and Aggresive.